If you had to start looking for a new truck tommorow, what would you look for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

homeijer

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well since i was just looking for a new truck and found nothing i could afford... i would be walking but if $ was not an issue Reaper would be the first on the list, then stock truck reasonably priced would be a new double cab white z71 with a 6.2 and then buy a truck to mod it would be a 400 ecsb white z71 454 5speed jacked up as high as i can while not having to use a ladder to get in :)

volunteerff21

8 Lug Hoarder
Reaction score
Probably a 1999 to 2003 F-250/F-350. (I know, I'm a traitor)

7.3 Diesel
Automatic
4x4
Crew Cab
Long Bed
Preferably in some shade of Blue.

I probably would want it as close to stock as possible. All the guys I know here with the lifted/tuned diesels beat the hell out of 'em. I'd want a nice clean slate to start with so I could make the truck my own. Don't get me wrong a lift kit, bigger tires, and all the tuning and bolt ons to make the diesel scream would all be on my to do list, but I'd want to do it myself to make sure it was done right. I wouldn't want some afro-engineered together beat to crap POS.

Chris.G.Jr.

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Would it be a GMT400? if i could find a crew cab 400 itd be that if now maybe a 2000 + dodge ram
What Color? Single Color/Two-Tone? single color, black, white, silver dodge (blue)
Cab? Single,Extended, Crew? crew cab if dodge megacab or crew
Bed? Short bed or long bed? shortbed
Class? 1500/2500/3500? 1500 or 2500
Drivetrain? From the 4.3 to the 7.4 and everything in between. AT/MT? 2WD/4x4? 4x4 whatever engine was in the 400 i wouldnt care, in a dodge either the 5.7 hemi or deisel
Lifted/Stock/Lowered? eventually lifted
Customized or Stock? eventually customized

eventually would look like these
You must be registered for see images attach

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Found this old thread on the interwebs but I'll post what I'd like next. As a first truck the extended cab is fine but I find myself wanting a crew cab. Maybe in a few years I'll find one!

1999/2000 k2500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
White or GMT800's Dark Grey
350 or 6.5TD (which seems like it was never an option)
5 Speed (rare as well, but a 4l80e would suffice)

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Found this old thread on the interwebs but I'll post what I'd like next. As a first truck the extended cab is fine but I find myself wanting a crew cab. Maybe in a few years I'll find one!

1999/2000 k2500 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
White or GMT800's Dark Grey
350 or 6.5TD (which seems like it was never an option)
5 Speed (rare as well, but a 4l80e would suffice)

Why not 454?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

gstubbz

Hi I'm Gavin and I have an OBSession
Reaction score
Why not 454?

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

The mileage I think would end up killing me. I'm 16 right now but maybe in the future! Although it seems every k2500 ccsb I find is a 454, only once have I found one with a 350!

'89/'92Chevy/GMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

This is my cousin's truck, I would be looking for a stock rig and do the opposite as him and keep it stock height. I would also do dual exhaust, upgrade the fuel system, build up the drivetrain to take the increase in power. It would be set up for the increase in fuel mileage mostly while still being able to pull and haul the weight I would need it to.
I would also look at D-maxs, '06 and '07 classics tho, the rest have different things that I don't like about them.

If I couldn't find what I wanted in a cummins or D-max I would get another 400. Extended cab or Crew cab, short box, 4x4, engine has to be 350 or bigger, and in reasonably good condition for the year. Otherwise I am not fussy about how it would look as I will probably change it to my liking anyways.