I need opinions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
yes.... yes you are. :lol: but on the subject in my opinion while white will give alot of contrast it may look a lil cheesy.... however black won't give a whole lot of contrast against the blue. of it were me I would just leave it be but its your truck. I just think it'll be tough to find something to offer the contrast your probably looking for and still look nice against the blue.

Sent from my static android

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
yes.... yes you are. :lol: but on the subject in my opinion while white will give alot of contrast it may look a lil cheesy.... however black won't give a whole lot of contrast against the blue. of it were me I would just leave it be but its your truck. I just think it'll be tough to find something to offer the contrast your probably looking for and still look nice against the blue.

I don't really want to paint but Paul 1 hooked me up with a dash bezel that doesn't have broken clips like mine does. It's light grey and my int is dark blue. So I figured if I need to paint the dash bezel why not paint some other stuff as well to make it look not as out of place.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Rather than painting the dash and bezels, I think I would try to find some grey fabric that is close to the same color as your stripes, and recover those door inserts. No way to know how it would look, but I think it was stupid that GM put so many different things, and then made them all blend by making them the same color. There needs to be some contrast. Don't go overboard, but a little can make it look right. Blue fabric on a blue door panel is too boring, but it's also not exactly invisible, so it stands out, but not really. Get what I'm saying?

For example, I have a grey interior. I'm planning on trying to find dark grey fabric to match that charcoal color in the section by the gauges, just to flow with the interior color scheme, but it would still be subtle. Hoping it almost looks like it came that way.

Then again, I'll be honest and say that there aren't many painted interiors that I like. They either do too little, so it looks out of place, or they do too much and it looks like you're sitting in an extension of the exterior. I think the interior can be different than body color, and still be made to look good on its own. Make sense?

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I don't really want to paint but Paul 1 hooked me up with a dash bezel that doesn't have broken clips like mine does. It's light grey and my int is dark blue. So I figured if I need to paint the dash bezel why not paint some other stuff as well to make it look not as out of place.

oh see now I understand. still I don't have any real good suggestion for color

Gatorboy

Reaction score
The racing stripes on my truck are summit white, no grey will look close to that lol

KReePiN

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
black !!!!............blue to match truck would be my 2nd suggestion

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
It's up to you, but I honestly hate when people just paint certain parts of the interior. I think it clashes. A textured blue dash up against a smooth white painted bezel just doesn't look right.

What would look good, is if you took the whole dash and door panels out and painted the whole thing, or dye the whole thing. It will take a lot of time, but you won't be going the easy route either.

low4x4

backyard mechanic
Reaction score
i think you should strip out all the interior peices and repaint it all blue to hide all the sun damage and discolored sections... that way everything is the same blue.....worked well for me

Gatorboy

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should take that offensive or not? Lol
Nothing is sunfaded except for one piece on the passenger side door that I need to replace anyway