I HAVE THE WORST LUCK, need help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
so my truck, the pos pictured below, decided it didnt want to go to work today. i made it halfway to work when my truck just killed over, now it wont start back. the check gage light was on and i had no oil pressure. now take into account this is an INTERMENTENT (sp) problem. usually if i shut the truck off and start it back up itll go off and i can continue my journey. not this morning, i was pullin over to shut the truck off and before i could it died. so i sat on the side of the road, called my mom, she came and got me, and i brought back the trailer and winched the POS on there. what its doing now is this---- i have power with the key on, when i turn to start all power cuts and the truck wont start. ive been told ignition switch possibly??? sorry for the rant and ask more questions if you need a better idea. this is my daily so i need to get it back goin
You must be registered for see images attach

MIHELA

1-5-6-3-4-2-7-8
Reaction score
Sounds exactly like what my truck did when the ignition switch went out. Does your gauge cluster light up in run? I ended up having about 6-7 volts on the ignition circuit. Find the bundle of wire going to the switch and wiggle it with the key in run and see if it will start.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Check your battery cables, i had the EXACT same issue, turn out my good looking positive battery cable was bad, replaced and never had a problem since.

dropped93

I want one of everything
Reaction score
okay. im gonna ask a guy i work with, hes got a 96 or 97 fullsize that did this same exact thing a couple months back iirc. he had his igniti0n switch replaced im pretty sure. i had a couple coworkers tell me that our hondas will do somethin similar so yea. just gott figure out how to get into the the column now :evillol: