I have gone to the dark side with my new daily driver.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rightisray

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This body style has been in production for about 5 years in Europe. Not sure why it took Ford so long to get it over here. Same goes with the new to us Fusion, been in production for quite a while on the other side of the pond and it's actually getting long in the tooth over there.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This body style has been in production for about 5 years in Europe. Not sure why it took Ford so long to get it over here. Same goes with the new to us Fusion, been in production for quite a while on the other side of the pond and it's actually getting long in the tooth over there.

The Chevy Cruze and Buick Regal were also both being sold in Europe a couple years before we got them.

1993GMCSierra

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Keep in mind, Ford didn't require a bailout in '08...

When it comes to work/play trucks, I'll always go for a GMC Sierra. I'd buy a 1993-1996 Ford F-series as long as it has the 4.6L and the AOD-E/4R70W. That is one of the most bulletproof powertrains you'll ever find in a vehicle, far exceeding the lifespan of any of the chevy small blocks. I've seen many a 4.6L in livery use with over 350,000 on the original engine, still running strong.

As far as cars go, I'll go GM or Ford. My Lincolns have been dead reliable, and I have had no problems with them. Preventative maintenance goes a long ways.

If I could only find me a '92 Brougham D' Elegance with low miles....

We're always the last to get the overseas style, it seems. I remember when the Honda Fit came out here in either 2007-2008. People were talking about how cool it was....I then later found out the body style they were selling to us now, was sold in Japan in 2001!

Last edited:

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind, Ford didn't require a bailout in '08...

When it comes to work/play trucks, I'll always go for a GMC Sierra. I'd buy a 1993-1996 Ford F-series as long as it has the 4.6L and the AOD-E/4R70W. That is one of the most bulletproof powertrains you'll ever find in a vehicle, far exceeding the lifespan of any of the chevy small blocks. I've seen many a 4.6L in livery use with over 350,000 on the original engine, still running strong.

As far as cars go, I'll go GM or Ford. My Lincolns have been dead reliable, and I have had no problems with them. Preventative maintenance goes a long ways.

If I could only find me a '92 Brougham D' Elegance with low miles....

We're always the last to get the overseas style, it seems. I remember when the Honda Fit came out here in either 2007-2008. People were talking about how cool it was....I then later found out the body style they were selling to us now, was sold in Japan in 2001!

I'm guessing that you mean the '97 to'03 Ford trucks, as the 4.6L didn't debut in the pickups till the body style change in the '97 model year. In the pre '97 F150's your only options were the Windsor based small blocks or the 4.9L I6. I'll admit that I prefer the EEC-IV injection system over the TBI setup that GM was using in the trucks, but the engines themselves really never were any better, durability wise. The 4L60E/700R4 should have never been put in a truck IMHO, and I have never really had enough dealings with a 4R70W to comment. I know they do very well in the Panther chassis cars, but then again so did the 4L60E in the B bodies. Honestly, if GM hadn't discontinued them after '97 I think they could have been much better competition for the P51 cars as a police interceptor than the FWD Impalas, especially if they had continued with an LS based engine. Even an aluminum headed LT motor would have been a good option for power and reliability, especially if they had found a good replacement for the OptiSpark. That was the LT's biggest caveat, but didn't stop several examples that I have seen from exceeding 300k miles on the original long block.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
I'll tell ya what we rented a 2012 focus yesterday to travel in this weekend and I don't like small cars and don't care for fords, but this little car is awesome IMO. it has plenty of pep to be a small car we averaged 32 mpgs yesterday on the drive and its actually really nice inside. so I say good job on the new dd. :waytogo:

Sent from my static android