I have gone to the dark side with my new daily driver.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My poor '04 CTS treated me well, but the miles were stacking up and there were some big repair bills looming. I needed to start with something brand new so I could have the new car warranty with all the miles I put on.

I really wanted a new Charger. The new 3.6L and 8-speed auto combo is rated for 31mpg on the highway, which isn't too shabby for a big, 300hp car. To get one with the options I wanted would have been well over $30,000, so that got scratched off the list.

I thought about a '13 Malibu, but for what I wanted, it would be similarly priced as the Charger. Strike two.

I looked at the Cruze, but again, in LTZ trim with the options I wanted, I was around $28,000. Still more than I wanted to pay.

As much as I hate to admit it, I've liked the look of the new Focus hatchback since the '12s came out last year. I had driven a couple in SE trim and they weren't too bad. I do work for the local Ford dealer, so I got a pretty good deal on this one. I picked up this 2013 in Titanium trim for $23,000. I wanted to try for a Performance Blue one, but that would have been another 2 weeks or so, so I went with this White Platinum one from the lot. It's a nice color. I can live with it. The car is surprisingly nice for a Focus of all things. It has heated leather, moonroof, SYNCH with MyFordTouch and Nav, adjustable ambient lighting along with the handling package and 18" wheels. It looks good and is fun through the turns. It doesn't have the acceleration of the CTS that I'm used to, but the improved mileage will be nice. I've already put 2,500 miles on the car and I am liking it quite a bit, but I still cannot get over the fact that I bought a Ford.

You must be registered for see images attach

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I wouldn't worry about the fact that it's a Ford. Gotta look at the practicality and advantages of this car over the CTS. Whatever is easiest on you and your family, and gets the job done.

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I don't really like the model, but If I were to buy a new car right now, there's no way it'd be a GM that's for sure.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice! Not much of a Ford man myself, but bought a Mercury minivan because we got a really, stupidly good deal on it. Had a few minor issues (fuel pressure sensor, EGR) but runs good and gets reasonable fuel economy for a kid hauler. Been eyeballing one of the new Focus ST's myself, but think I'll wait until they are a few years in production to make up my mind.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Nice! Not much of a Ford man myself, but bought a Mercury minivan because we got a really, stupidly good deal on it. Had a few minor issues (fuel pressure sensor, EGR) but runs good and gets reasonable fuel economy for a kid hauler. Been eyeballing one of the new Focus ST's myself, but think I'll wait until they are a few years in production to make up my mind.

I seriously considered an ST. They had one on the lot with a sticker of $1,000 less than my Titanium, but the standard tranny was a deal breaker. Don't get me wrong, I love to row my own gears, but when you spend as much time behind the wheel as I do it loses its appeal.

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
Nice purchase! I like the styling of those new Focus's, they remind me of a rally car or something Ken Block has drifted!

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
glad your happy with it. completely hideous imo, but atleast you bought from one of the two american auto makers. every truck but one and all the cars i drive are powered with bbcs or bbolds, so i dont give a crap about mpg, haha.

454ss

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
was trying to be nice but i agree ^^^^^ totaly haha.

smrr1

wait for it...
Reaction score
Last edited: