I hate going to parts stores

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vr1967

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m lucky. The small town (400 people at most) I live in has 2 parts stores (Napa and Carquest), and I know both owners / countermen well. They are not in competition with each other either. If one doesn’t have something in stock, they call the other store to see if they have it.

The Carquest has changed inventory recently from being bought out by Advance Auto Parts, but the owner still tries to keep what he knows will sell locally compared to what AAP wants to keep in the store.

Wilecoyote

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I bought a radiator duel fan for the wife's 2010 Escape at Adv. on line cause I needed now. Got the 15% off deal and it would be ready to pick up in 30 mins. I called the store 10 mins. later to make sure they had it before I left to get it. Dude had me on hold for bout 10 mins. and came back and said they had 2 in stock. It was a Dorman and maybe $20 more for R A. fan that would not get to my house for more than a week, shipping from CA.
It was a ***** to remove and install in the heat 100*. When I cranked it roared just like before and I thought the fans were not the problem........ after bout 4/5 mins. they settled down/broke in? and now they are very quite.

Last edited: