I am wanting to swap a NBS rear end into my 1996 GMC 2WD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

andremora71

Reaction score
No one has said anything ?[emoji19]

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Jglew82

I fix stuff
Reaction score
Axle is wider, spring pads will need to be moved to fit the 400 springs, brake plumbing, e brake cables, need for front rotor swap to 2500 LD to match rear lug pattern, yoke considerations, etc. What are you trying to accomplish here? It would make more sense to me to find another 400 rear axle that is stronger, ie 14 bolt sf and convert to disc, but you'd still need to do 2500 LD front rotors, or adapters. That is, unless you find the unicorn 5 lug 14 bolt 454ss rear end...

Last edited:

Tyler Wigger

Reaction score
Agreed with Jglew......... whats wrong with the current one now wrong gearing? leaking seal? need more info man!

Dropped96GMC

Reaction score
I’m sorry the posted didn’t include all the information, I didn’t know it got cut off. I am trying to accomplish doing a rear brake application. I am considering keeping the 5 lug and doing the Camaro brakes or just swaping the whole rear off a new body style. My rear set up is currently no leafs but coilovers mounter on my crossbar from my monster notches.

labarrejr

Reaction score
They only made 10 bolt and 14 bolt rear ends for this body style truck. I know a truck salvage yard in San Diego, Ca that has a 14 bolt. The newer body style trucks are 6 lug like the 4x4. You could also look for a 12 bolt from a square body. it might fit. A lot of them came with a posi and 3.73 gears.