Hydro dipping.....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Anyone here familair with any reputable shops that do hydro dipping? Im looking to get my dash bezel done in the next week or two. Never seen this process in person, just in videos. Anyone ever have this done and if so how well does it hold up?

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
house of hydrographics is run by a friend of mine here in michigan, stuff still isnt cheap though. holds up like paint once its cleared, its a pretty interesting process, you can do just about anything and if you dont like it peel it off before it dries or gets cleared.

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

I called them a couple weeks ago and talked to a guy who said he does it on the side when he has a chance. Kind of got the sense that it was being done in his house using the DIY kits.

As for the DIY kits, in order for me to do the dash bezel, it is going to cost me about $125 in materials. I have gotten quotes in the $125-$150 range from various places around the country so doing it myself is pointless...especially if I screw it up.

I'll let a professional shop who does it all day screw it up until they get it right.

Hopefully it turns out good. Im going for the matte finish carbon fiber look in the darker gray area of the bezel.

Last edited:

Blakestuhh

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What is hydro dipping? Does it make it stronger or just a style of finish?

polar

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's a style of finish. Some people do it to interior parts instead of painting because there is really no prep at all unlike with painting. It is basically putting a thin layer of design on water and spray it with activator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk