Hydro Dipping Ideas/ Custom Painted interior & Exterior Ideas/Powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Well..it really depends what you are using for a dip tank. Professional tanks are around 10, 000 . (Ish) all u really need is a tank a spray gun for the activator and films (average rolls are $35-$50) . But if you want your product turning out professionally..you will want to actually paint/prime/clear the subject woth a real gun..no rattle cans.. when we first stared we used a water trough..it has worked finr just a ***** to clean and refill everytime. And the water has to be a certain temp. However they just built their own tank..ill have to ask them how much it was . Hope that helps ;)

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Well..it really depends what you are using for a dip tank. Professional tanks are around 10, 000 . (Ish) all u really need is a tank a spray gun for the activator and films (average rolls are $35-$50) . But if you want your product turning out professionally..you will want to actually paint/prime/clear the subject woth a real gun..no rattle cans.. when we first stared we used a water trough..it has worked finr just a ***** to clean and refill everytime. And the water has to be a certain temp. However they just built their own tank..ill have to ask them how much it was . Hope that helps ;)

sniper7202

Reaction score
Yea that helps a lot. What is a good company to get the film and the activator from? Does any paint and primer work... like the lil quarts I can get at Walmart or auto zone?

Ben

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Yea that helps a lot. What is a good company to get the film and the activator from? Does any paint and primer work... like the lil quarts I can get at Walmart or auto zone?

Ben

We use Omni PPG and we usually get it mixed for us at car quest or oriellys if you have either of those. Im sure the stuff from autozone or walmart would work...just wouldnt reccomend it. And as far as films and activators talk to Shawn Oster (on facebook or just google: Hydrographics by ShawNaughty Designz . He designs and sells films and is well known around the U.S. as far as dipping goes

Gatorboy

You can keep your import.
Reaction score
My best friend and I are considering starting a business similar to this out here in the east. I would enjoy it.