Hydro Dipping Ideas/ Custom Painted interior & Exterior Ideas/Powder coating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
Cool, I liked them on FB - maybe in the near future I'll get some pieces done :waytogo:

That's awesome!! Our town is small and kinda hard to keep small businesses alive here :/ so anything any everything helps!! Very much appreciated :)

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
That's awesome!! Our town is small and kinda hard to keep small businesses alive here :/ so anything any everything helps!! Very much appreciated :)

Yeah I was gonna say, Montana for a custom shop?!?!

My suggestion would be to have you three join as many Chevy/Dodge/Ford, etc forums, become vendors there and start pulling in some business! Also get an ebay store!

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, the hydro dipping or whatever, how does that work? It looks like a vynal wrap.. :s I really like that though! Would be perfect for my new RAM. I wanna do all the chrome in red and all the silver painted area in black carbon fiber look! Wish you's were closer!!!

-sin-

Honor the Fallen
Reaction score
This might be a stupid question, the hydro dipping or whatever, how does that work? It looks like a vynal wrap.. :s I really like that though! Would be perfect for my new RAM. I wanna do all the chrome in red and all the silver painted area in black carbon fiber look! Wish you's were closer!!!

Ship it!

Support the small businesses!

West Mi Mudder

OHHHH YEAHHHHH
Reaction score
Ive always wanted camo accents, and it looks like you guys do it to perfection! Now, just have to figure out what i want camo.. I would be glad to say "Yeah, Tiff helped make that". My friends would be like "who the fawk is Tiff" :lol:

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score

LOL ok so the best way is to youtube it. But basically:
You have your part that you want dipped. . Prep it as normal (sand, prime/paint). Hydrographic film kind of feels and looks like window tint, its is a pattern printed on a very thin plastic film. Most dippers have a specialized tank but we started out using just a water trough (tub). You fill it full with water (has to be certain temperature) Cut off a piece of film big enough for the part you are dipping. Tape off the edges, slit the corners to allow for stretching. It sets on top of the water for 1 minute, the plastic film is now more of a gel/liquid. You spray a specific activator on it, this kind of dissolves the plastic part of the film, but leaves the ink floating on top of the water. You then dip your prepped part into it...and hope that it wrapped nicely haha...then you rinse it for about three minutes and wait for it to dry and you can clear it! This will all make sence when you watch a video on it haha

Truckchic97

Beast Mode
Reaction score
THat would be awesome ! And yes they don't let anything leave their shop unless it is show-car/truck worthy :)