Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Awesome find Hunter! Hopefully it works! I wish I could get one for free! I think you will be fine with an 8000 pound one. If I remember correctly the new Power Wagons came with an 8000 pound winch???

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well, i got the winch cleaned up and wired up and nothing. looks like i need to break out the test light and multimeter and to some testing. hopefully its just a solenoid.

Also picked up all my parts to put my front diff back together. Got that to do when the wife gets home. Kind of hard to watch my 16 month old and work on the truck... :nono:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winch looks beafy on there. Can't beat free either. Hopefully it's an easy fix...

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well I got my front end back together, installed my 4x4 Posi-Lok Engagement System So now I have 4wd again! I got to say I really don't like the Posi-Lok. Its a awesome idea but i think its a crappy product. horrible instructions and cheap feeling parts. Oh well, its on and works, but we'll see for how long! Just happy to have my 4wd back and my axle staying in place!!!

Ill mess with the winch tomorrow. no more energy for today!

Winch looks beafy on there. Can't beat free either. Hopefully it's an easy fix...

I hope so to!!!

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Heres a few pics

And this pic was taken before i realized i had the bracket in the wrong place... :nono: Crappy instructions, they actually show it on the back side of the differential!!

Kyle97GMC

NO SIR IT'S NOT A CHEVY.
Reaction score
Does that eliminate the push button completely? How much was it if you don't mind me asking??

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Does that eliminate the push button completely? How much was it if you don't mind me asking??

no you still have to push the button (or pull the floor shift) to engage the transfer case!

I paid $106.50 off amazon.com

and amazon.com is $2 cheaper now... lol

http://www.amazon.com/Alloy-USA-450...ie=UTF8&qid=1378484283&sr=8-2&keywords=450600