Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Well i desided to make a build thread for the ole 94, that i call Big Nasty, its a White 94 GMC Z71 ECSB with a 350, since i got alot of comments on on it on my thread for my other truck. This will be a slow build thread since this is mostly just my hunting truck. I bought this truck at the end of 2007 from a guy i work with for $500. had 270,000 miles and the engine burned 3 qrts of oil every fill up. So it got a new crate motor and some 33 in trxus mts with crank and block. drove it for it for about a yr and got ran into (under my drivers door) by a Pakistani that could not speek english. His ins gave me $2700 dollors so i put it all in the truck (rebuilt intire front steering, 4x4 actuator, 4 new shocks, fuel sending unit, 305/70r16 MTR's and the classic II's) drove it like that for another yr and found a body lift on craigslist for $15. then broke some teeth off my ringgear and upgraded to 4.56's and a locker. Then was given some 35in BFG KO's on 15x10 eagle rims by my uncle, but they didnt stay on long cause they rubbed worse than my boggers do now. Then my dad gave me my 97 after my mom passed away and the 94 was no longer my DD so i found the boggers on Craigslist for $400. Then i bought a 6" RCX and 315/75r16's Toyo Open Country MT's and completely rebuilt the frontend yet again with the lift install.

Todo list

- Winch
- Rear Bumper
- New Headlights and running lights

pics of my wedding night (dont ask why my wedding party wrote Walker & Texas Ranger on my back windows, cause idk)
You must be registered for see images attach

Then after Wreck and work done.

then with the BL:

with the KO's:

with the Boggers:

Update: Sold the boggers because i was going to DD this truck and my wife drive the 97 but that changed. So now its sitting on 315/75R16 Toyo Open Country MT's with a 6" RCX and the body lift is still on. Hopefully within the next few weeks im planning on removing the body lift, installing a 3" block instead of the 4" because the rake is to much with the aal, and need to install my winch bumper. heres a few pics and this is with 500#'s of sand bags in the back!

Another update: Removed the Body lift and installed my winch bumper. I have a lead on a Ranch Hand winch bumper and a Ranch Hand rear bumper. Hopefully i can pick those up soon.

Last edited:

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like your 2wd but i like this one also. glad to see a thread on it. Nice truck man.

O hey im not forgetting about ya, i still need to take some close up pics of my light bar on my truck i will do that tomorrow promise.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
i like your 2wd but i like this one also. glad to see a thread on it. Nice truck man.

O hey im not forgetting about ya, i still need to take some close up pics of my light bar on my truck i will do that tomorrow promise.

Sweet, I apreciate that! how big around is the tubing you used? and what type of material is it?

70stroker

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
2 inch exhaust, i built some custom pipes for my harley, when i did i ordered a few different styles of mandrel bent tubing from summit and had these layin around. I might even have some left if you wanted to pay for the ride...... ill include a pic of the pipes i built

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Looks like a sweet bike!!! I actually have a tubing bender were i work and we have scap pieces of all kinds of tubing everywhere. Thanks though!!!

canuckz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
nice truck man that thing is sweet!

the walker texas ranger referance is because he drove a gmc with a bush guard

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Haha. That maybe it but I think it was because of Ricky Bobby! They were saying that's our kids names! But I always loved that gmc! And the things it could do just because Chuck Norris drove it! Haha

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
So once I get the truck running right and problem free I may paint the truck. But I don't want to spend alot of money on it because it gets drivin thru the woods and will scratch easy. So I'm thinking of bedlining the whole truck. But I don't want black. I would love to keep it white but obviously the truck will stay covered in mud so I'm wondering if I did go white bedlining how well it would clean up and if it would stain?