Hunters "Big Nasty" Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WPsharpshooter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Not sure if I would go with a light color with bedliner spray... They seem to have a tendency to fade, not to mention stain...

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
My buddies fj40 is bedlined. Has been for about 2 years now and has no fading or anything. If, and thats a big if, it gets washed it doesn't stain and it aint the black or even that dark of a color for that matter.

You must be registered for see images attach

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
But it also didn't hold up like he had hoped it would. This is the line-x "x-tra" stuff or whatever it is that isn't supposed to fade so it's got that going for it but one bump into a rock and this starts happening.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
Not sure if I would go with a light color with bedliner spray... They seem to have a tendency to fade, not to mention stain...

Thats what I'm worried about.

I love that truck!

Thanks Chris. I need to get me a bad a$$ bumper like you got now!

Nice truck. Is that a ranchhand brush guard?

Thanks! I don't think so, it closely resembles on or it may be just a really old one, i got it for free, a buddy gave it to me when he sold his truck.

My buddies fj40 is bedlined. Has been for about 2 years now and has no fading or anything. If, and thats a big if, it gets washed it doesn't stain and it aint the black or even that dark of a color for that matter.

But it also didn't hold up like he had hoped it would. This is the line-x "x-tra" stuff or whatever it is that isn't supposed to fade so it's got that going for it but one bump into a rock and this starts happening.

Yeh i was afraid of it pealing also! idk what to do because the paint is bad. If i wash the truck paint comes off. and in some spots there little to no paint so i need to do something. and i can't justify painting it if all I'm going to be doing is running it through the woods.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
It may not peel though... he treats his kind of hard so he probably dragged against a rock and thats what caused it. This is the usual type of predicament he finds himself in... Yes the front wheels are completely off the ground

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
That is true. I'll never be hitting rocks. The main thing that worries me is staining if I went white. And I would think if it faded it would turn a yellow color.