Humming noise at startup

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
https://youtu.be/7dO_4KihmtE

My engine hums a bit on startup. Just started happening. In the video it quits right before I get to the engine bay because it was previously running for a while. It lasts a bit longer on the cold start up.

Any ideas?

BoxerPitMix

Chris
Reaction score
Makes me think of an air pump... Maybe it's starting to kick the bucket and is making noise now.
Do you have an air pump on the driver side where a storage box or 2nd battery would normally be? Try unplugging it and see if your noise goes away. You may get a check engine light by unplugging it but it should go away after you plug it back in.

sethel

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope it's not kicking the bucket just had a 350 TBI and 4L60E swap done in November. I'm not sure where an air pump would be but this picture shows what's in that space. I did have a OBD 1 code (cause it's a 95 k1500) that said EGR failure. So I figured I would replace that valve and be good. Can't imagine that valve is making the noise. But do you think it may be related?
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk