Huge increase in gas mileage... What could cause this?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
I think its got a lot to do with your driving style. Sounds like you have a heavy foot. No offence, but if I got 180 to a tank I would be very concerned. I mean that must be murdering your wallet.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I don't feel so bad about 1000 kms to a tank anymore.....:rofl:

biggy-p

Reaction score
i have a 98 suburban and i get 18-19 on the highway w/ the 3rd seat in it and i get 19-20 w/o the 3rd seat and i get 14-15 and 15-16 in the city, now of course it also depends on what gas i get if i buy the 7-11 gas it hurts it, if i buy bp or shell gas i get a lil bit better mileage like maybe 20-21 on the the highway! some of the things ive done to it is k&n intake, and a flowmaster duel in duel out super 40 series muffler. and im running 265-75/r16 general grabber at2's with 45lbs in them. thats pretty much it. i use 5w-30 valvoline synthetic blend high mileage motor oil w/ fram tg filter. and i have a super chips programmer mainly for the transmission, and i recently removed that and im running stock and its for sale if anyone is interested!