Howdy !

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CDHenry6

Reaction score
Marshfield, WI. Born and raised in Central PA.
You must be registered for see images attach
Howdy ! I just picked up a 92 Extended cab short-box C1500 , with the Silverado package. I paid a whopping $300 for it. It has the 26
2 V6 , a manual 5 speed , and 216,000 miles on the odometer . After I bought it , I vacuumed it ought and drove it 130 miles , using less than a quarter tank of fuel ( according to the gauge , I don't know how accurate that is yet. ) The previous owner was going to junk it . Aside from the hack job that someone did installing an aftermarket stereo where the tape deck used to live , and the sagging seat springs , the interior is almost mint ! It is way too nice a truck to crush , so I rescued her. Unfortunately , she didn't come with an owner's manual . I was poking around in the rear of the cab while I was vacuuming , and noticed that it looks like that back bench can fold . Can anyone advise me if this is the case , and if so , how to do it ? I was planning on mounting my two way radio equipment under that back bench , and it would be much easier to do so if it tilts or something.

Anyhoo , I've lurked here for a few weeks , but didn't register until; tonight. This seems like a great board to be on if you have one of these trucks, they're everywhere!

Last edited:

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
:welcome: There is a latch under the forward corner of the bench on the passenger side. Pull that towards the front and lift the seat up.

CDHenry6

Reaction score
Well , now I just feel foolish. I noticed some sort of cable thing , I assume it's attached to the box under there ( jack cover , perhaps ? ) I need to replace all of the dome lamps except for the driver's side footwell lamp. I'm praying they're just burned out , but who knows . . . . Thanks for the suggestion ; I'll have to scope that out tomorrow .

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
no problem. If it's not what I said word for word, it's basically just as easy.

brits92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well , now I just feel foolish. I noticed some sort of cable thing , I assume it's attached to the box under there ( jack cover , perhaps ? ) I need to replace all of the dome lamps except for the driver's side footwell lamp. I'm praying they're just burned out , but who knows . . . . Thanks for the suggestion ; I'll have to scope that out tomorrow .

If your able to get out the foot well lamps pleeeease let me know how u di it lol I think my bulbs are rusted in and I also want to change my dome lamp n add an led light.

CDHenry6

Reaction score
If your able to get out the foot well lamps pleeeease let me know how u di it lol I think my bulbs are rusted in and I also want to change my dome lamp n add an led light.
I haven't dug in yet , but I'm fairly certain that they're a plastic hood with the socket for a bayonet base bulb built in ,and two plastic square-ish shaped prongs that slide into a bracket. On the glance I took of them, they looked just like the footwell lamps in my 86' and 79' B-bodies ,ya' know, that whole GM parts bin recycling deal ?

I'll take a look at them today after daylight shows up.