How to remove kick panels ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Unfortunately my truck is in the driveway, way too far of a walk, but I could swear that middle bit just slides right out and up with the rest of the a pillar trim?

Nope.. Have a look:

You must be registered for see images attach

This pic wasn't aimed at them but you can see the tab on the passenger side that is pointed toward the firewall, that's where the clip is that mounts into the side metal.

Maybe you're thinking of the S-Series trucks, where it is true the entire thing comes out with the A-pillar trim.

Last edited:

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Gotta drop the dash down for that piece.

I hate that trim piece....

I replaced the door weathers strips. 1 side came out the other side broke. Btw did not pull the dash. With the new weather strip inside and the dash in I cant get them in. Gonna try again sometime. But your right pulling the dash is best way to not break em. As far as removing it with the dash in. I must of got lucky on the one side lol

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Nope.. Have a look:

This pic wasn't aimed at them but you can see the tab on the passenger side that is pointed toward the firewall, that's where the clip is that mounts into the side metal.

Maybe you're thinking of the S-Series trucks, where it is true the entire thing comes out with the A-pillar trim.

Ahh, yep. The a pillar trim slides into the top of that piece.

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
I can shed a little more light on this now:

It's not really clipped in place at all - the clip just rests there basically, and those little black strips are adhesive that actually serve to hold it in place.

TAF2003

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that imply that it would come off with the weatherstripping if it was removed?

After removing the other trim pieces of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TxTrucksDerek

Reaction score
I can't figure out how to remove the kick panels on the both driver/passenger sides. I have a 1996 Yukon.

I want to replace the weather strip and would like to the panel out of the way.

Thx,
Andy

Yep just like others said, just pull straight inward. One thing I might add is just to be careful around the hood latch - they're kinda brittle sometimes

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yep just like others said, just pull straight inward. One thing I might add is just to be careful around the hood latch - they're kinda brittle sometimes
Yes, and so is the hood latch assembly itself. Those are notorious for breaking on 95 up trucks. GM cheaped out on the mounting, and only uses 1 screw instead of 2. So the spring loaded cable puts a lot of tension on the mounting when you yank the handle.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DWPreston1969