How To Fix Play In Seat Track

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chiefmorton

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've noticed ever since I brought the truck home that when you apply the brakes you can feel the drivers seat move forward slightly and then move back when you hit the gas kinda of a slight rocking motion. The seat doesn't move a lot just enough to notice it. I thought maybe the mounting bolts just needed tightening but it appears the slop is in the track itself. I have the manual sliding track. I don't see any adjusters and was wondering if maybe there's bushings or something I can replace, definitley a rocking motion within the track, it's the 60/40 bench seat.

Turbo86GN

Reaction score
I have the same issue on my 1997 60/40 power seat. I bought the seat fix on Ebay but that is only for bucket seats for OBS. I can't find any play. Anyone fix this issue?

Thanks,
Mark

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Power seat? If so, there's little rubber bushings that wear out where the frame attaches to the track. I've got some replacements for my Suburban, just haven't ever gotten around to it. I'm willing to bet that's your issue.