How Much Can YOU Haul IN 1/2 Ton???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
had like 1400# of mud in my truck, started as 900#s of dirt then it rained. Had the bed full of decking supply and it was loaded almost to the stops, guessing somewhere around a ton, I was almost tucking 265s

jrp12357

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had about 2300lbs in my truck few weeks ago of top soil. Drove fine. Had to obviously slow down ahead of time but no issues.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2 Beta-6

DGA1

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had about a yard and a half of top soil in the truck last weekend, so at least 3,000 lbs. It accelerated and stoped a lot better than I thought it would. It did point out which tire was lower on air though. :)

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
we used to have a 88 long bed and we hauled a old camper that weighed a bunch and when mom packed it down.well u get it.the back tires looked flat.done alright just took our time ...also put a ton of sand in it a time or 2 for the pool

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Okay I know mine is heavily modified but the most I have loaded I the bed of my truck was almost 3,600 lbs. I broke out a cement walk way and kept loading the chunks in and my truck squatted down to about 2 inches from the tire. I was impressed with my springs

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Haven't hauled anything with my gmt400 yet, But I have hauled loads of scrap car and cat batteries in my old '73 Dodge D100 several hundred kms before. Loads in excess of 2400 lb, the truck had overloads shocks on it though. Took it like a champ even going up and downhill, kinda wish I had kept that old truck actually...it was damn near unkillable.

Sent from my SGH-T959D using Tapatalk 2

xfactor001

Reaction score
Hey, first time posting, but didn't wanna clutter up with a new thread. Got a 1995 K1500 with 189k, 305, 5 speed, 3.73s, and a 10 bolt. I'm in charge of hauling my uncles '78 k10 and 4 wheeler on a roughly 20' car trailer 8 hours from Sidney, MT to Missoula, MT. Think I'm gonna snap my little 'ol 10 bolt? U joints are good, gonna go through everything before I go. Set up for trailer brakes, and judging by the holes in the center if the bed, and the airbags mounted to the frame and leafs, they were hauling a fifth wheel. This trailer I'm looking at is only a bumper pull. Any input would be great.
-Chris

Last edited:

chevy_man

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Made a run to the dump with 2800#'s. Had no idea as it quit sagging when the overloads hit. That damn spring pack was tough. Now my K3500 literally won't move. I put 900#'s into the bed and measured a 2" drop at the fender openings. Made me realize just how much **** people are packing into their beds if it takes that much weight to start sagging.

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck, last month hauled about 6 squares of shingles (about 1500 pounds) and it was fine. It's a '94 rclb C1500 V6.

My dad has a '97 K1500 eclb with a 305 and a 14 bolt. Last week we hauled shingles in it a few times to the dump. The first trip was about 2300 pounds. The second was about 1500 pounds. The last trip was about 2900 pounds. Although very overloaded, it seemed fine. But with dad being in a hurry, we were doing 60 mph all the way and passing cars going even faster all 3 trips. Well, the last trip to the dump was friday. Sunday morning he drove it about an hour. The engine shuts off. There's oil and possibly antifreeze coming out of the throttle body, it's completely covered. There's so much even the air filter got some.