how many hours to lower truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miked85

Reaction score
how many hours would i be roughly be charged to lower my truck using spindles, coils and a flip kit?

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
i think it depends on what kind of shape your trucks in... bolts come out easy , and back together easy, could be done in maybe 6 hours? why dont you do it your self? its pretty straight forward... i just did mine.

miked85

Reaction score
to be honest, if i had a second ride i would. im just worried something would be so seized i would be unable to continue. ive also never done a rear flipkit install.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
If everything goes right and nothing goes wrong(pfffft, like anyone could get that lucky)....they could actually do it in 5hrs, but with all the smoke breaks, walking around, stuck lower balljoints, etc....you could easily see 8hrs in it.

smurfcivic

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This thread made my night. Lol just do some research and do it yourself. It's so easy even a cave man can do it!! And if it's your first drop maybe 8 hours as said above. I've done a few under half of that. How much drop are u going for?

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
You can do it man, think about how your axle is now and just imagine it how it is now but sitting on top of your leaf springs, everything that was rightside up with the axle under the leafs will now be upside down with the axle on top of the leafs. Cutting the notch is a cinch, just make sure its lined up proper. The front end is also fairly easy to do as well, just gotta be careful taking the coils out

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Yeah, removing the coils on these trucks can be deadly....or atleast give you enough pain that you wish you were dead. I've seen someone get head-butted by one on a lift. KO'd for a while.

blue_92_sierra

Aftermath
Reaction score
Yeah i definately hope to never experience that! My dad worked as a mechanic in a gm dealer and one inexperienced mechanic had a coil fly out and hit him right in the chest, broke his sternum along with all the ribs in his right side. Crazy stuff! I like to lift my truck up just enough on a lift so the floor jack can reach the lower control arm when jacked up, then loosen everything and let the jack down slowly till the coil just falls out

Sierra

In pieces!
Reaction score
Me and my brother just did a 4/6 drop on an ext. cab. It took us roughly 10 hours to do. Both of us had never put one on before. What takes the longest is drilling the holes for the notch and cutting the notch and lower control arms.

Someone that that has done it before or knows what they are doing can do it in less time. It can definately be done in one day.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
I would say or six for somone that has experience doing it and 10 or 12 hours for somone who hasnt....I wouldnt pay an hourly rate to have it done I would pay ak,flat rate. People like to milk the clock to much

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2