how many hours to lower truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
Local chassis shop quoted me $300/labor over the phone for what you're wanting done, if that gives you an idea. This shop is known for very low prices though, so maybe tack on a little more.

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
Thats cheap Id charge 4 or 500 but id help somone for beer lol

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Yeah, removing the coils on these trucks can be deadly....or atleast give you enough pain that you wish you were dead. I've seen someone get head-butted by one on a lift. KO'd for a while.

Thats why I always run a chain through my coils before letting the LCA down, it it tries to fly it aint goin far enough to hit anyone.

Took me the better part of a day to lower mine when I went 4/8. The front was done in probably 2 hours but the flip kit is a pain to do by yourself and rolling the front fenders can take a while depending on how you do it.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've never used any sort of spring compressor on a GMT-400 truck. If the truck is up high enough, once the shock is removed and the balljoint(s) are busted loose, the control arm swings down and the spring just falls out.

MOBS

The Mad Scientist
Reaction score
I've never used any sort of spring compressor on a GMT-400 truck. If the truck is up high enough, once the shock is removed and the balljoint(s) are busted loose, the control arm swings down and the spring just falls out.

Maybe all your's had VERY worn out springs :p