How are my angles?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was just busting your nuts, if the balljoint is still tight I would just make sure to keep grease in it and I ran my 88 with the CV boots MUCH worse for 5 years but a Moog upper balljoint is about $50 and I think a new CV boot is around $25. Most parts for these trucks are fairly cheap.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Well seriously I'm not so familiar with it just yet so I'm trying to get the best advice possible so I can work on it myself.
So do I just squeeze a grease gun around it or do I have a special place to grease it?
Also... How do I grease my 4x4 case since I haven't used it in a while I'm sure it needs it

tylers88

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The transfercase has 2 plugs in it, the top one is the fill, just take it out and fill with DexIII or 6 until it trickles out of the hole, if you want to change the fluid just pull both when it stops coming out of the bottom put it back in and refill the same way I said before.

When I said to keep grease in the balljoint I was talking about the grease zerks on the indivijual parts. Grease zerks are the nipples, for lack of a better word, and you just pump grease into them with a grease gun. I put a pick of a tierod below, the zerk is the silver part.
You must be registered for see images

*EDIT* Also the grease gun will click/pop onto the zerk, sometimes the grease wont go into the zerk, in that case I just pivot the grease gun around on the zerk while pumping slowly until you find the sweet spot where it will go in.

Sorry if my comment makes me look like an ass or I'm underminding you but I try to explain myself so that if you had no idea you would understand.

iEnding

Georgia Boy
Reaction score
Naw man that helps alot I really appreciate the info cause now you just added something to my TODO list haha. Thanks man