House wash experiences and spider infestation best practices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
California pretty much banned all rodenticides starting in January.
Nevada isn't far behind California with their regulations.
The crazy thing is Nevada's testing for your basic applicator/ operator license for structural pest control is harder than California's.

I'm licensed in Kentucky and Indiana. 11 years of residential, commercial and hospital pest management. I would probably still be there if one of my hospital customers didn't recruit me for my current management position. Perdue University has 4 courses in pest management. Completion of the 4th course puts you at the top of the food chain here as Master Technician. I had just started that last course before being approached about my current job. I enjoyed the challenges and helping people.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
You should see and try to remove praying mantis egg casings. They love attaching to rough bricks and basically become part of the brick.

yeah it’s really bad when they attach to the rough sawn lumber trim, but even on a high gloss exterior latex paint the wasp cement actually peeled the paint and the spider sacks stick more than you’d think. I’d imagine on some as rough as brick and mortar they’d be pretty much permanent until it eventually decomposed and eroded away. Nature!

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got to love the Florida wildlife. Caught this guy crossing the road by my mailbox the other day, and I live in what we consider "the hills" around here...
You must be registered for see images attach
You get that one and about 100 of his relatives and I will have a crawfish boil.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have nothing too add, except a story.
Im from Seattle, we have rats and mice but no bugs worth worrying about.
I also lived in Arizona for several years and was not used to this type of thing.
Well, one morning at about 4 friggen am, my ex wakes me up screaming "Theres a scorpion in the kitchen"
"Get up, do something!!!!
So I put on the steel toe Redwings and went out in my boxers ready to battle the little *******.
No sign of him, Im concentrating and peeking and peering into little spaces..
And the cat walked behind me and brushed the back of my leg with his tail.
I screamed like a little girl, "eeeehh!!!
and jumped so high I took out the florescent light fixture in the ceiling.
Not my proudest moment

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
I have nothing too add, except a story.
Im from Seattle, we have rats and mice but no bugs worth worrying about.
I also lived in Arizona for several years and was not used to this type of thing.
Well, one morning at about 4 friggen am, my ex wakes me up screaming "Theres a scorpion in the kitchen"
"Get up, do something!!!!
So I put on the steel toe Redwings and went out in my boxers ready to battle the little *******.
No sign of him, Im concentrating and peeking and peering into little spaces..
And the cat walked behind me and brushed the back of my leg with his tail.
I screamed like a little girl, "eeeehh!!!
and jumped so high I took out the florescent light fixture in the ceiling.
Not my proudest moment

Too bad there's no video! That was awesome! Thanks for sharing.