House wash experiences and spider infestation best practices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep, skip the big house.
Get a nice cozy cofortable place with a two car garage with heat and power.
Who gives a **** what the Joneses have.
Drive old cars and fix em yourself, stick the car payment in the bank.
One day, you wont be able to do this **** anymore.
Thats when you buy a new car.
Find a woman who gets it and is just fine with your cozy little place
And who never ever wants to reorganize your tools.
Thats just a deal breaker

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Probably not quite that high but I'm sure it's still ridiculous. I have a weird fascination with large residential properties, both in-use and abandoned. IIRC the Evander Holyfield mansion was something like 40K square ft and I think it's maintenance costs were around $1mil annually.

EDIT - Yeah just Googled it. 54K square ft, $1mil upkeep annually, $17K electric bill every month.
Ya know what they say: mo' money, mo' problems....
If I get my dream house/shop, I think I'm going solar powered. I hate high electric bills.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
Its kinda funny, us Western Washington boys dont give a **** about bears or cougers or 6 gill sharks or orca whales either
But bugs?
Eeeeehhh!

My favorite story there is unfortunately more of a visual story, but I'll do my best... I'm at an initial (1st) visit with a new customer. Turns out he is in a specialized branch of law enforcement. (Edited that to cover my ass) Big muscular monster and trained killer. He's showing me through the house and I notice all these placks and awards and UFC/MMA stuff all over the walls... We get to his basement and we go up to this door. He reaches for the doorknob, pauses, then turns to me and won't look me in the face, but kind of stuttered and said, "Ah, t-t-there's... There's where the spiders are."
I instantly thought to myself, "Don't do it! Do NOT laugh at this man, they'll never find your body! Just go kill his spiders!!!"

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live a little ways out of town, and there's a bit more nature here than in town. When my wife and I first got married and she and the stepkids moved in, they were scared of the bugs. But now my kids (grown up now) don't mind seeing a little spider on the window sill because "they eat the other bugs". They wave away wasps instead of shrieking hysterically. I still get yelled for if it's a big spider. Fortunately the scorpions have been less frequent - I don't think I've seen one in the last five years.