House wash experiences and spider infestation best practices

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Daddy Long Legs aren't spiders..... why would you want to kill them?

I get leaf rollers on the family apple trees.

it’s amazing, I often wonder what crops did people eat before insecticide and herbicide ? Somehow they survived for millions of years without chemicals, maybe at a much higher lifetime mortality ratio, but there must be a **** ton of pest resistant natives out there that our forefathers ate. I’m always looking for them

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
it’s amazing, I often wonder what crops did people eat before insecticide and herbicide ? Somehow they survived for millions of years without chemicals, maybe at a much higher lifetime mortality ratio, but there must be a **** ton of pest resistant natives out there that our forefathers ate. I’m always looking for them

Smaller and less reliable harvests, I expect..... also more farmers, farmer's wives/kids to help, compared to today's big farms.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
If you want an answer from a (Still) licensed pest control technician and all around pest "nerd", you could start a conversation (it'll always be PM to me). I'm not going to instruct you to poison your family or your property, but if you don't follow your "training" (simple but VERY important instructions), the potential for harm is there. Nothing sketchy, but I'm not going to tell 28k people at once! Probably a third would screw it up and then try to sue.

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
If you want an answer from a (Still) licensed pest control technician and all around pest "nerd", you could start a conversation (it'll always be PM to me). I'm not going to instruct you to poison your family or your property, but if you don't follow your "training" (simple but VERY important instructions), the potential for harm is there. Nothing sketchy, but I'm not going to tell 28k people at once! Probably a third would screw it up and then try to sue.

well, hypothetically then, don’t ever try this at home..tell us what a professional might do but we “never should “

And second how do you feel about the peppermint?

BonestockK1500

LT265/75/R16
Reaction score
Holy crap!
Another reason I moved back to the Pacific Northwest.
We dont have any poisonous spiders or snakes.
We are overrun with tweakers but spraying them in the face with wasp killer chases em off pretty quick.

yeah man, when you live in the swamp you get everything that comes with it, bugs year round, spiders of every shade and size all year, poisonous snakes all year, the twice a year lovebug infestation, tropical storms, and non-native invasive carribean species, and people illegally releasing Pythons in the Everglades when they get too big to be cute...that’s life in da swamp, but our Louzzianna boys prally got it worse, and people keep moving down here so fast it’s crazy, they can’t build enough new homes on swamp mud to keep up with demand

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Oh hell, I like it here in south Lousiana. Im in a city of 180,000 or so and a metro area of around 450,000 so Im not in the swamps. Thats 30 to 45 mins away. It never snows here ether. Our vehicles dont rust. And my house is brick on a cmt slab. Central air and heat. Yes it gets hot in the summer, but man its worth it in the winter. No mater where you live, every place has its issues. There is no place that is perfect all of the time.

1ton-o-fun

Automotive Durability Tester
Reaction score
well, hypothetically then, don’t ever try this at home..tell us what a professional might do but we “never should “

And second how do you feel about the peppermint?

I was simply going to tell you what pesticide actual pest control companies use and the proper way to use it to reduce the chance of harm to you, your family, and the environment. It's a responsibility I take seriously.

As far as the peppermint... every single customer for each of the three companies I've worked for tried at least 3 home remedies before contacting a legit pest control company. If all that stuff worked, there wouldn't be so many pest control companies.