Hopefully getting a new truck soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Prices changed from state to state and city to city for that matter but it seems like a high price to me. Don't let the Z71 sticker fool ya, it's a 4x4 at the core!

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Ooooh man are you going to loooove that 5.7 vortec and the extra room, higher stance, and well 4x4...Not to mention the interiors are 100x better. Use the ****** hood as leverage to a lower price. $5000 is a price for a truck in GOOD condition as in all the paint is GOOD too, which it isn't. Don't let him have any idea you and your pops are going to do it but just say $4500 bc you're going to have to have the hood professionally done and blended with the rest of the paint (which isn't really a lie anyway) but srsly use it to save you $ You've gotta realize every $100 you save is $ in your pocket for the first round of mods or tune up that you wanna do! I' sure hope you get it man I think you'll be more than pleased. Have you ever driven a 5.7 vortec?? :evillol: :drool:

Nope, never driven a vortec.

Remember guys, this deal is still in its very early stages, i still need to thoroughly check the truck out. Ill take pics and get more info on it.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well imagine your truck now with easily 100 more hp..Ok so maybe 100 is way too high but lets say imagine a 30% increase in power throughout the entire rpm range = vortec just test drive it.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I will never own a non vortec obs. Never even looked at one because I knew I wouldn't want the motor.

Edit: When I was 16 I tried to get my parents to buy me a dropped 90 rcsb with a built 383 stoker in it. That ***** was bad.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I will never own a non vortec obs. Never even looked at one because I knew I wouldn't want the motor

Really? Wow. I hated TBI for the longest when I first got it because of idiotic reasons I won't expound on but lately I've 1. Found that I could run the exact exhaust I wanted (thought that was only a vortec thing 2. Thought only vortecs could be tuned, not true 3. The biggest reason, reliability.

I got plenty of buddys with vortec motors and the only pro I have found to owning that over TBI is it's a roller setup and more HP but It makes me not want to mess with even owning one when I see ALL the different sort of problems and countless fuel pumps my buddies have gone through compared to mine, which it's just always ready to go. It's simple, it's less HP but these tbi's are all torque which is great low end power and just what I need for towing. I've noticed when I put my truck in 4LOW it freaking ROMPS and when I put a vortec in 4LO It just wasn't the same. Not trying to race anyone so as I've owned the truck I've really grown to love TBI.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Fuel pumps go out on every obs because of the design, you probably just run with more than 1/4 tank of gas most of the time. Vortecs are easier to tune/more tunable. Problems are problems and every motor will have some. I always hated the older interior and the older motor just for no reason other than, because I could.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Well imagine your truck now with easily 100 more hp..Ok so maybe 100 is way too high but lets say imagine a 30% increase in power throughout the entire rpm range = vortec just test drive it.

I have driven TBI and Vortec trucks, tbh, in stock form, neither are jaw dropping, tbi has more torque :read:

Just2Sweet

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A few months back, I bought my '97 Silverado K1500 ECSB, 5.7 Vortec with a 5-speed, for $3200. It had 230k on the body, but the engine had 40k and the trans/clutch had 20k. The body was also in great condition. No rust, and good paint. Very nice truck inside and out, ran perfect, no problems, mechanic-owned.

I wouldn't say that it was an oh-my-god-once-in-a-lifetime-unbelievable deal, but I thought $3200 was a VERY fair price. You can use high mileage as a negotiating tool, but never let it deter you from buying a nice vehicle. There are several higher mileage cars and trucks out there that are well maintained and really nice.