bad performance and mpg!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ice daddy

Reaction score
hey guys,
new to forum, 2003 Silverado 4.8 4x4 extended cab LS. truck went from 17-18 mpg to 11-12 mpg no codes , Idles smooth, runs great at moderate acceleration but if you get on her a bit, she is a slug like bogging let up on pedal and starts to accelerate, new ac delco plugs and wires, rebuilt trans was slipping 2-3, new air and fuel filter, new fuel pump and pressure regulator fuel pressure at about 55-57 steady , brakes are free rolling, checked back pressure at cats b1 and b2 all good, I am stumped at this point, was going to try O'2 sensors but recently became unemployed so that will have to wait a bit. any ideas I may test or try, how to test throttle body? checked for code but none , it all started rather suddenly 6 months ago, compression test all were 165-173 at a.m. when cold, not much money left to throw at it till i get back to work but will need reliable transportation to get back to work. any help will be greatly appreciated.