Hopefully getting a new truck soon!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
he's never told us the mileage, bluex bought a 98 with 227k

Blue book on my truck in my area even with the mileage was $6550. I looked at quite a few trucks that had been throughly beat on offroad and were a mess before I got this one. Like I said lots of repairs/maintenance had been done and were documented, the interior and undercarriage are super clean. Ya its got some dents and scratches but the paint does still hold an shine and its still a sharp truck from 10' away.

I also thought the price was high when I started looking. These trucks really hold their value here. No way at all I could get a comparable shape NBS truck around here for 5K. It would be a beat to death, falling apart rattle trap.....

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Fuel pumps go out on every obs because of the design, you probably just run with more than 1/4 tank of gas most of the time. Vortecs are easier to tune/more tunable. Problems are problems and every motor will have some. I always hated the older interior and the older motor just for no reason other than, because I could.

Oh I completely agree see you gotta understand I'm in between I have the new updated interior and alot of cool 95 only features including the reel light but I got the last year of the TBI which I guess is the best one, and the updated interior. No offense to anyone with the older ones but I just can't stand those interiors, and contrary to your belief I run my gas tank below a quarter of a tank atleast once a week and very often it sputters like it's about to run out ever since I replaced the needles and this has been going on since 02....SAME fuel pump not 1 problem (knock on wood) I understand an engine is a engine and will have problems but I vortec is absolutely more prone to all sorts of problems the TBI is not...Again simplicity = dependability, and since I'm not trying to make alot of power the TBI really is perfect for me. A 5.3 would be really cool but I constantly debate it since TBI is giving me NO reason to switch.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Griffin you should just get a nbs like mine and use it for your dd/work truck and build the 95 into a show truck since it is already getting there. IDK something about the vortecs has always just made me more drawn to them than tbi.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Griffin you should just get a nbs like mine and use it for your dd/work truck and build the 95 into a show truck since it is already getting there. IDK something about the vortecs has always just made me more drawn to them than tbi.

Same here about the vortecs I mean TBI is reliable but it's nothing to :drool: over like a nice built vortec 6.0, 5.7 or 5.3...What you said about getting a nice truck like yours I believe makes the most sense. I was looking at getting another GM400 stock for work but I dunno how much since that makes, if I get a "new" truck I want there to be something new about it LOL and for work and such it needs to be very reliable like your 05 since it is newer. I think something like your 05 (or exactly like it) would be puurrrrfffeccctt. Just got to hold down the new job and keep landscaping going and I should be ight', but yes I think that makes much more sense. Then I could finally take my 95 to the level it deserves to be at. Only problem is I don't have room for all this stuff. Landscape trailer, 2 trucks, and my old cr250 I'll be getting back...LOL not the worst problem to have I guess.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Dude you have no idea how awesome a NBS is. I drove mine 350 miles today and now I remember how much I love leveled trucks with bigger tires. And I hear you on the space thing, in my parents garage I have all the stuff from my apartment plus random truck parts (it's hard to get around in there now), in the driveway I have my land rover and my crappy dd, and my poor nbs is stuck getting parked in the street. And what's worse is now stroker has me hooked on the idea of building up a mower, idk where I'm gonna keep it.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EDIT: Just seen said truck has 227,000 miles??? If so 5k is going to be wayy too high. KBB what it's worth for your zip code @ private party value man and let us know what it comes out to!

KBB on mine with a few more miles now:

http://www.kbb.com/chevrolet/1500-e...pe=private-party&isnotabs=true&creativeid=443

I think I got a good deal, not great but I didnt get screwed either. I could have bought a cheaper truck, but they were no where near as nice as mine. I had one more I was considering and it was about 125 miles away. The PO had already turned down offers of anything other than 5k, and had a guy on the phone willing to pay 5700. Since I was there with cash in hand, he decided to sell it to me in case the other guy flaked. I had already told him to sell it to the guy on the phone cause I had a few others I wanted to look at too and I wasnt going to be rushed or caught in a bidding war. Every truck I looked at was from 4500-6000 and most were right at or over 200k on the mileage.

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
Fuel pumps go out on every obs because of the design, you probably just run with more than 1/4 tank of gas most of the time. Vortecs are easier to tune/more tunable. Problems are problems and every motor will have some. I always hated the older interior and the older motor just for no reason other than, because I could.

You must be registered for see images