Hole in back of my throttle body…

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kpawl89

Reaction score
There’s a hole in between my air filter and carburetor, wondering if there should be a hose coming from there going to something else? I did some research and it might have to go to this hole on the valve cover? The screw on there has tape on it and I feel it’s not correct. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_6276.jpeg
    IMG_6276.jpeg
    318.3 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_6274.jpeg
    IMG_6274.jpeg
    449.3 KB · Views: 45

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Let's see the other valve cover. One gets a PCV valve and the other needs a breather, ideally routed to the air cleaner assembly.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
That valve cover with a plug needs to be unplugged so the PCV can do its job. Either jam a breather directly into the valve cover or, better yet, route a hose from there to the valve cover. A 3/4" heater hose plastic fitting from the parts store will snap in and your air cleaner probably has a knockout to accept the hose.

I can't quite tell what that fitting is under your carb, is it a massive vacuum leak as is?

Edit 2: is the fitting the PCV is routed to direct vacuum? Verify that it is, because it should be.

Drunkcanuk

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
mine is a 91, and it obviously has a K&N FIPK, but there is definitely a hose that belongs there and heads to the back of the throttle body.

Kpawl89

Reaction score
That valve cover with a plug needs to be unplugged so the PCV can do its job. Either jam a breather directly into the valve cover or, better yet, route a hose from there to the valve cover. A 3/4" heater hose plastic fitting from the parts store will snap in and your air cleaner probably has a knockout to accept the hose.

I can't quite tell what that fitting is under your carb, is it a massive vacuum leak as is?

Edit 2: is the fitting the PCV is routed to direct vacuum? Verify that it is, because it should be.
I would assume it’s a vacuum leak, but the truck runs good. I’m assuming that hole under the air filter should be running to that valve cover

Kpawl89

Reaction score

Yes the pcv is routed to the pcv port on the carb. Just looked at a edelbrock diagram and it’s correct.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Yes the pcv is routed to the pcv port on the carb. Just looked at a edelbrock diagram and it’s correct.

DO NOT hook the other valve cover to the hole in question. That valve cover needs filtered atmospheric air.

1990Z71Swede

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well, it does look a little bit like there is a plastic aircleaner spacer from a late model TBI on top of that Edelbroken.

If that is the case, it's an excellent place to source clean air for the other valvecover.

You must be registered for see images attach