Hobbs 96 Z71 Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
No kidding. I’ll have to have deeper reflections before posting to the gmt400 Facebook page next time.

For those that missed it, an individual went off the rails at me posting a pic of the hood release handle.

People like that guy are exactly the reason that dedicated forums will always be better than social media groups for enthusiast info. Everyone and their brother already has a FB account and it takes them five seconds to click "Join Group" and start spewing BS. The registration process alone on forums is usually enough to keep the trolls away, and the rare dedicated few are weeded out pretty quick.

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Just checked both of mine, and both of them are the car ones. Damnit! lol

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
One of the warmer days of the year, so I decided to do a little data logging. Then I started tackling some wiring. Ran out of supplies (of course).

You must be registered for see images attach

Z71Hobbs

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So since I ran out of wiring supplies to keep that end going, I decided to take advantage of a somewhat lazy Sunday afternoon and start prepping and dyeing some interior plastics. The a pillar pod was black, and that wasn’t going to work. And I decided to dye a spare a pillar piece to help it all match. And since it was going well, I decided to tackle one of my Esky wood grain bezels.

I used the SEM prep soap, SEM sand free, and SEM medium gray dye. Overall super easy. I followed the thread craeated by @sewlow, and it worked well! https://www.gmt400.com/threads/how-to-dye-plastic-vinyl-leather-carpets.21865/

My OCD required me to fully disassemble the vents. So that took some time. Waaay too much coffee and grime and cig ashes in the vents.

BNielsen

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man I thought my half-ass color match job for my pillar was decent.

I just grabbed the first gray can from the paint rack in the garage and it matched almost perfect. 24 years of sun faded plastics has it's battles.