HID conversion kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stevestoffer

Reaction score
Look up the bulb size, go to ddmtuning and click on hid kits. Select wattage, bulb size, and color. Make sure you get the hid harness too! These are cheap hids and I've had really good luck with them. I have two low only bulbs in my f150 and 4 bulbs in my chevy. Only had one ballast die and they warranty them.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images
just go ahead and buy 10k white. Not blue. There super bright and as long as your headlights are adjusted right it won't bother anybody.

RamAirDave

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
10k is not white....no way no how.
4300 is simulated daylight (white) Brightest output
5k Very very small amount of blue tint
6k slight tint blue
8k very blue
10k Extereme Blue/light purple
12k Deep purple

Anything over 8k is a waste of light output and pointless and just puts off horrible glare.

Do yourself a favor and buy a set of the mini H1 Projectors on Amazon or DDMTuning and do a retrofit and love the light output and save the other drivers from horrible light output in the face.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
10k is not white....no way no how.
4300 is simulated daylight (white) Brightest output
5k Very very small amount of blue tint
6k slight tint blue
8k very blue
10k Extereme Blue/light purple
12k Deep purple

Anything over 8k is a waste of light output and pointless and just puts off horrible glare.

Do yourself a favor and buy a set of the mini H1 Projectors on Amazon or DDMTuning and do a retrofit and love the light output and save the other drivers from horrible light output in the face.

You can buy the 10k in white or blue. I've had both
You must be registered for see images attach
10k blue
or 10k white.

There's a huge difference in the 2 the blue you can't see very far. But the white are way bright. Yea with reflector housings the thow light off in all directions. But with your lights adjusted right you'll have no problem seeing and won't blind oncoming drivers

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Um, the 10K is the color rating. 10K is 10K. Which is blue as hell. The differences in your setups are most likely just different production tolerances, or someone rated something wrong.

Also unless your housings are aftermarket and AT LEAST have a glare cap on the low beams, you WILL blind other drivers. I don't care how you adjust the factory housings. Look at one of your standard low beam bulbs as compared to the HIDs. The stock ones have that little cap over the end of the bulb for a reason.

97 silveraydo

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Um, the 10K is the color rating. 10K is 10K. Which is blue as hell. The differences in your setups are most likely just different production tolerances, or someone rated something wrong.

Also unless your housings are aftermarket and AT LEAST have a glare cap on the low beams, you WILL blind other drivers. I don't care how you adjust the factory housings. Look at one of your standard low beam bulbs as compared to the HIDs. The stock ones have that little cap over the end of the bulb for a reason.

both are 10k. But completely different colors. I would have thought someone maybe labeled them wrong but I've had 3 different 10k white for different vehicles and there all like the second picture.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
both are 10k. But completely different colors. I would have thought someone maybe labeled them wrong but I've had 3 different 10k white for different vehicles and there all like the second picture.

Did you buy all those kits from the same place? Not trying to be a dick here, someone's lying to you though. That color temperature scale is pretty standard. Also the color in those pictures actually looks really similar, just looks like the ones on the right are brighter.

19trax95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Also, what wattage were the ballasts? Colors Temps will look different between 35w and 55w