HID conversion kit?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TheTitan97

Reaction score
okays guys iv looked everywhere on the webs and I cant really find anything on this so if someone has a link to something or has done this yourself lemme know what kit you have used and how well it works. I have a 97 chevy but it has the square W/T headlights not the Silverado ones. and I know I could switch over to the Silverado style but I really like the square headlights I have now. but they absolutely suck at night well I was thinking of an HID conversion for them and iv found some kits on ebay but I cant really find anyone who have tried them out. most people just switch to the Silverado style. I was going to go with a 5000k or 6000k kit. if anyone has used one from ebay or somewhere else lemme know how it worked out. I could also just buy aftermarket lenses and then buy some of the bright bulbs from a parts store, im not sure which would be better, cost wise its almost the same, the conversion kits on ebay aren't that badly priced at all. anywhere from 50-80 bucks, and the after market lenses are $20 a piece from what iv found plus bulbs. so idc which is cheaper I just would like to see better at night!

Mattfei7

Reaction score
Just get a kit off amazon with the same bulbs that are already in your truck. Around 55$ I what I spent and they're great. I have 8000k

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mattfei7

Reaction score
Don't spend less than 50

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

badazzbulldog

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
you can buy the clear headlight housings for the w/t front end and run hids in those I have a set of the 4x6 square ones with hids in my plow light housings they work great

TheTitan97

Reaction score
I don't have bulbs in the truck my headlights are the 4X6 (I think) sealed. and has a pulg that hooks to em from behind. bulbs built in. do you have a link or a name I could use to find the kit your talking about?

and if I buy the housings I know I can buy the HID bulbs from oriellys but I still need a ballast don't I? better off getting a kit then.

Last edited:

TheTitan97

Reaction score
and should I go with 6000k or 8000k? iv read that the lower the kelvin the better it is for night time driving but I don't want a yellow color id prefer white maybe a little blue

thunderstruck

Babuinos Móviles
Reaction score
Go with 5000k then, no higher than 6000k for sure.

Sent from my Nintendo 64

TheTitan97

Reaction score
Thanks bulldog that looks like its exactly what I need. For some reason I got it in my head I had 7x6 headlights not 4x6. I don't know where I got that from lol, but that's why I couldn't find this kit the other night.