Hi From North Carolina

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I recently bought my first GMT-400 and look forward to learning much here. I had a 10 year "vacation" (read frustrating interval) from owning a truck . I finally decided to rectify this oversight by buying a '93 Chevy Cheyenne. It is a long bed work truck but everything works including the AC (a requirement in the South). Somewhere along the route it obtained a new motor (VIN thinks it's a 305 but it has a 350) and I just had the transmission rebuilt so it should be good for a while . It is a bit rough around the edges but I am adding bits and pieces and am really enjoying having a truck again. I can get materials or take a trip to the dump without damaging my car and best of all I have something to tinker with.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome! I never realized we've got so many NC members here. I'm in Missouri, but I've got family out in NC near the Hickory area.

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks gents! Glad to know that NC is so well represented. I must confess though to non native status. I grew up in GA and only moved here 10 years ago. When we moved here I sold my 1973 square body (GMC with tow package) thinking I wouldn't need a "retirement" truck... WRONG. I missed it every day. At least I went forward 20 years with this one.

BowtieBrody

Jesus Murphy!
Reaction score
Thanks gents! Glad to know that NC is so well represented. I must confess though to non native status. I grew up in GA and only moved here 10 years ago. When we moved here I sold my 1973 square body (GMC with tow package) thinking I wouldn't need a "retirement" truck... WRONG. I missed it every day. At least I went forward 20 years with this one.

Same here with the non-native, born in Iowa and I moved down here when I was 12 or 13; although my truck is a loooong way from being a retirement truck; whereabouts are you located? I'm outside of Salisbury, there's a couple members who are really close to me and I'm surprised I haven't seen them yet.