hi from Edmonton - help me buy a dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

webxfx

Reaction score
hey everyone,

posted this on GMFS but figure here might be a better spot...
if I buy a truck soon, I'm sure to be on here a lot

but for now - wondering if you can help me put a price to something I found.
its a 94 c3500 crew cab dually - fully loaded, buckets, 454..... about 130k miles

from 20feet it looks like it just came off the showroom floor, but is showing some rust on the under side of the doors, the inside is super clean. Runs and drives ok - seems to have some steering issues as there is a lot of play when driving, also the brakes seem be needing a good flush cause you have to press to the floor before it starts slowing.

More of less worried about what else might i expect to go wrong soon, or with your knowledge what else should i look for?

the next big thing, what do you think its worth?

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Welcome, I'm not too far from you in Cold Lake. It's hard to put a price on trucks out here because they go for a huge premium. I see '94 1500's with 305's go for over 5000$ on kijiji regularly. Some of the issues you have could be very easy fixes, but worth bargaining on the price. A Jeep cherokee steering shaft can be used to eliminate play in the factory shaft that uses a rag joint, the pitman arm is another usual culprit. Given the problems it has, I'd offer 1500 and see where the seller goes from there, but argue that it's a safety risk. I could see it go for $6000 IF it was mechanically fit.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome, Down here a 94 model like that would go for 2-4K depending on condition, luckily we don't have much rust, but it's hard to say for your area.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Alberta is kind of an odd place, some vehicles that have never left the province will be completely rotten, while others will be rust free. It gets too cold for salt to be effective here, but maybe they mix a bit into the sand in some parts of the province.

webxfx

Reaction score
Well me dream is on hold for a bit - that seller won't budge on the price, and $8900 is a little much for my liking for that price I think I can get something newer and imported from AZ or TX area

webxfx

Reaction score
my search is still on - and knowing my plans of wanting to lower it - is a 4wd something I should stay away from?

webxfx

Reaction score
You could still lower a 4wd, just not as low!

K - just got home from looking at a 96 K3500 - its not mint, but would take it runs and drives great, price is also right. Going to fell like a noob for asking but what are my options for lowing that? key for the front right? but couldn't find any out there for the 1ton gmt400, only finding options for the newer styles