Dad's '98 Resto

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fixed it for you, with American vernacular. :Big Laugh::Big Laugh:
Yes, it's kind of funny typing on here and the autocorrect keeps trying to change the same words I use everyday. Sometimes I have to Google an American term that I read in a thread that don't make any sense to me before I know what they are talking about, then there are the different States that have there own variations on phrases as well. It's a minefield I tell you.

johnckhall

GO DAWGS!!!
Reaction score
Yes, it's kind of funny typing on here and the autocorrect keeps trying to change the same words I use everyday. Sometimes I have to Google an American term that I read in a thread that don't make any sense to me before I know what they are talking about, then there are the different States that have there own variations on phrases as well. It's a minefield I tell you.
Believe me, I live in the US South! I don't even understand some of the slang from state to state and I've lived here all my life.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Believe me, I live in the US South! I don't even understand some of the slang from state to state and I've lived here all my life.
Different areas of the US call them different things. Shopping cart, basket, buggy, trolley....all the same. Some people say a "basket" is what you get at the store, that you carry when you just need a few things, instead of the big thing you push. I've heard them all in Houston, but it's a very diverse area.

Thatlowchevy

How’d I get inside this tube?!?!
Reaction score
In Oklahoma we primarily call them Shopping carts, or as my neighbor calls the handicap scooters “welfare buggies”. I’m originally from the North Texas area (Decatur/Bridgeport) so I’ve heard them all as well

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious, would you use the term "ute" to describe your GMC in New Zealand?

Salty K1500

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
Looking good. Making me excited to get mine repainted. I'm also going to repaint in victory red, although I'm torn between keeping it solid red or doing a two tone red with a silver stripe down the middle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock-530