Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kevin3614

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 recently the wiring harness for the transmission transfer case somehow managed to get sucked into the front drive shaft and is all mangled need to replace it got a hold of a junkyard they sold me a wiring harness for the engine transmission and transfer case but it came out of a 97 3 quarter ton Chevy with the same engine in it looking to see if this harness is actually going to work or am I going to fry the ECM any help would be greatly appreciated

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whew. It's hard to follow your train of thought with such a long winded run-on sentence.
Please... brevity, punctuation, specifics.
Beginning
Year/make/model/engine size & tranny
Short explanation
Concise question
Nad remember sitting in school and WRITING with your own actual hands? On lined paper. Over and over and over WITH punctuation until we got it right!
They don’t do that anymore. They teach different things now.

Teddygraham

Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 recently the wiring harness for the transmission transfer case somehow managed to get sucked into the front drive shaft and is all mangled need to replace it got a hold of a junkyard they sold me a wiring harness for the engine transmission and transfer case but it came out of a 97 3 quarter ton Chevy with the same engine in it looking to see if this harness is actually going to work or am I going to fry the ECM any help would be greatly appreciated
The 3/4 probably had 4L80 trans which has a different main connector in a different location. Otherwise I’m pretty sure it’s gonna be the same as long as your v8 to v8

haroldwca

Reaction score
IF there is enough of your old harness left to compare, check to see if the connectors on the donor harness match the connectors on your harness. Another way to check is to see if your transfer case is the same model as that from a 2500. I'm not sufficiently knowledgeable of transfer cases to be able to answer that question, but the info is bound to be out there on the ol' interweb.

Teddygraham

Reaction score
Yes its horrible. But how about trying to help this guy instead of worrying about his grammer and spelluiaeng.
Yeah I got to be honest, I’m scared to post on a lot of FB pages relating to the vintage car I have, frankly cuz I feel like all the members are 50+ and holding baseball bats ready to mug me soon as I say something.

SUBURBAN5

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah I got to be honest, I’m scared to post on a lot of FB pages relating to the vintage car I have, frankly cuz I feel like all the members are 50+ and holding baseball bats ready to mug me soon as I say something.
Well as long as you stay level minded, imo your fine. Theres always gonna be mad, upset, annoyed, and offended people. Cant make everybody happy. But when you are ready to snap back or " put fuel in the fire" then that's where we all get to see the snowball effect. That being said the more info that's put out the better we can help. I agree with that. As for your vintage car. Learn as much as you can because it helps to teach the youngers guys and gals what we missed out on. But facts really help when teaching the future. I dont know s.h.i.t about Carburetors, but I'm willing to learn it. Only way to do that is talk with an experienced person or google lol.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Nad was realistically having a hard time following OP’s post. If you think about it, I was actually giving you younger guys a mulligan. The emphasis on writing these days just isn’t the same. That’s the educators fault. I get it, it seems natural to you guy’s. I still use capital letters and punctuation in texts.

Teddygraham

Reaction score
Well as long as you stay level minded, imo your fine. Theres always gonna be mad, upset, annoyed, and offended people. Cant make everybody happy. But when you are ready to snap back or " put fuel in the fire" then that's where we all get to see the snowball effect. That being said the more info that's put out the better we can help. I agree with that. As for your vintage car. Learn as much as you can because it helps to teach the youngers guys and gals what we missed out on. But facts really help when teaching the future. I dont know s.h.i.t about Carburetors, but I'm willing to learn it. Only way to do that is talk with an experienced person or google lol.

I think Nad was realistically having a hard time following OP’s post. If you think about it, I was actually giving you younger guys a mulligan. The emphasis on writing these days just isn’t the same. That’s the educators fault. I get it, it seems natural to you guy’s. I still use capital letters and punctuation in texts.
You guys would be amazed at the backlash I got for asking “stupid question, does a 292 and an FE share the same crank bearings?”, if you don’t know what either of those engines are, I’ll give you some assistance, I only know one of them.

I asked the question because summit racing gave me bearings for both engines after searching specifically for the 292.

Oh the tongue lashing I received for not looking it up, and shame on me for not having the manuals. “The male generations getting lazier and lazier by the minute”

‍:/