Help please

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Caman96

OEM Baby!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You guys would be amazed at the backlash I got for asking “stupid question, does a 292 and an FE share the same crank bearings?”, if you don’t know what either of those engines are, I’ll give you some assistance, I only know one of them.

I asked the question because summit racing gave me bearings for both engines after searching specifically for the 292.

Oh the tongue lashing I received for not looking it up, and shame on me for not having the manuals. “The male generations getting lazier and lazier by the minute”

‍:/
Notice all the commercials on TV. The men are all holding the babies or pushing the carriage while the wife is driving and barking out the orders!

thinger2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1997 Chevy Silverado 1500 Z71 recently the wiring harness for the transmission transfer case somehow managed to get sucked into the front drive shaft and is all mangled need to replace it got a hold of a junkyard they sold me a wiring harness for the engine transmission and transfer case but it came out of a 97 3 quarter ton Chevy with the same engine in it looking to see if this harness is actually going to work

Yeah I got to be honest, I’m scared to post on a lot of FB pages relating to the vintage car I have, frankly cuz I feel like all the members are 50+ and holding baseball bats ready to mug me soon as I say something.
Yep. All the while bitching about how the sport is dying.
A bunch of old whining ***** who think they own hot rodding or modding
Rotten old men who really never understood it at all.
Forget all about the garage queen T shirt posers.
******* bought a car from somebody else cant figure out how to drive it pay someone to wax it .
**** them.
You go forward and do whet ever you want to do.
That is how this crazy **** we do goes forward to the next generation.
You my friend just go forward and do what the **** ever you feel like doing.

As far as I can tell, we only get one shot at all of this.
And you own that shot.
The only thing you have in life is you.
Take it.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I am so glad that the car scene here where I live, is nothing like that. The crews in shows, are open for everybody. We are all almost like a family. Most of the time, I am sitting with the Corvette guys. They all love my truck. I have asked questions that most Corvette guys already know, and I have never been ridiculed for asking. When I did my rear end rebuild, it's a guy with a 1971 Firebird who said I needed to put 373 gears, and passed the gearing question around the group. They were all in agreement in 373s. They invite me to go eat with them, to go where ever they go, I am invited. We have about 4 shows a week. Sometimes more. I don't make every show, and the weather does play a factor on who shows up, but there are always some daily drivers at the shows as well.

Last edited:

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
I might be able to help a little. The 4L80E doesn't have as many wires/terminals in the big round connector that goes on top of the case on the 4L60E. If you are pulling the harness yourself from the treasure yard a quick and dirty transmission I.D. is;
On the 4L80E the round connector is on the driver's side (in the USA!) on the side of the transmission case.

On the 4L60E the same round plug (with a few more wires in it) is on the passenger side but on top of a "shelf" so ypu can't see it from the ground laying under the truck.

Sorry I've no clue about the transfer case.

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
One of my duties at work is to help the newbies navigate the automotive aftermarket waters without drowning.

It's my favorite part of my job!

There are no stupid questions! Ask away!

Somebody here will know! And if not, we'll try to find out!:biggrin:

Welcome to the forum. You'll get used to my long-winded-double-spaced posts soon enough.

Double spacing makes reading and copy/paste easier for old guys with old eyes like me!