HELP!!!! OIL PAN GASKET

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are you talking the engine side motor mounts or the frame rail side side with the clamshell bushing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im guessing the engine side motor mounts? Its the one in the picture. To lift my engine with the hoist do i have to remove all the things stated in the haynes manual? It says to disconnect just about everything, or am i fine leaving it since i will only be lifting it a little?

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My truck is a 1994, should be identical to yours I would think. I did not lift the engine at all. You have to wiggle it around and there's just enough room. The hard part was getting it back in. If I ever have to do it again, I will lift the engine up a little. It's not worth the aggravation.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So yea i ended up lifting the motor a little. Not the smartest idea but it was my only option i removed the oil filter housing (that was leaking too so i also replaced the gaskets) and with a 2x4 lifted it from the base. I did have to loosen the motor mount as well to wiggle the pan out. Never thought changing an oil pan gasket was this much of a pita! Now i have my transmission gasket and intake manifold left to replace...yay for me!

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your intake gasket, you'll more than likely break the heater hose fitting. I broke mine and its a very common problem. I replaced it with a regular nipple fitting and 2 foot of hose. By so I also got my heater core to leak.

214martin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
With your intake gasket, you'll more than likely break the heater hose fitting. I broke mine and its a very common problem. I replaced it with a regular nipple fitting and 2 foot of hose. By so I also got my heater core to leak.

Now you have me worried ima ***** up my truck more than it is-__-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk