Help Me Identify a Wire!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What's the wire/hose/whatever curled up on the left?

That would be the very same radio antenna wire. It's a multi-piecer.
That way the fender mount can be replaced, without pulling the whole thing from the stereo pod, through the firewall

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
That would be the very same radio antenna wire. It's a multi-piecer.
That way the fender mount can be replaced, without pulling the whole thing from the stereo pod, through the firewall

I guess I don't understand why it looks like it's going through the inner fender..... or are those two ends I'm seeing that are separated?

I know I've seen this on my truck, but have never paid much attention to it. I couln't tell you the last time I even turned on my radio.

Nad_Yvalhosert

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
@454cid

Yup, it is disconnected, and it does go into the fender, past that plastic block-off panel. Then to the bottom of the antenna mount.

Same here with the radio portion of my stereo. I've become super tired of radio station ads, so digital music through a device (ipod, etc) has been my go-to...

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
@454cid

Yup, it is disconnected, and it does go into the fender, past that plastic block-off panel. Then to the bottom of the antenna mount.

Same here with the radio portion of my stereo. I've become super tired of radio station ads, so digital music through a device (ipod, etc) has been my go-to...

Yes, I understand it goes into the fender where the base of the antenna is mounted. The picture makes it look like it's going down into the INNER fender, which apparently is an optical illusion due to the angle.

Steven Rath

Reaction score
Well, now that I have all of your attention, let me ask a few more electrical questions.

#1 What bulbs are under the circuit that create hyperflash? I recently replaced some bulbs with LEDs that have built in resistors. Currently my cargo light and my under- the-hood light are not working. Are those bills causing my hyperflash? Or is it the upgraded LEDs.

#2 My dome lights do NOT turn on when the door is open, nor do I hear any audible sound if the door is open and my headlights are on. The only way to turn my dome and door lights on is to press EXTRA hard on the unlock and lock switch. Not normal hard, but EXTRA hard, and hold it down. (And no, the dome override button is not depressed) what the heck is that?! Never seen that before. Thanks in advance for any help!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
#1 What bulbs are under the circuit that create hyperflash?

Everything that flashes when you engage the turn signals or hazards, with the exception of the 194s in the front corner markers.

EDIT - To be clear I think the corner marker 194s are in that circuit as well, but they don't draw enough power to trigger the hyper-flash if they burn out. Only the bigger bulbs will do that.

Last edited:

Steven Rath

Reaction score
Everything that flashes when you engage the turn signals or hazards, with the exception of the 194s in the front corner markers.
Oh awesome thanks. Well that actually brings up another issue I forgot about. Hazards don't flash, it only shows that both blinkers turn on but don't flash. Even with resistors in the new LEDs, I wonder if I just need to go back to stock halogen...