Wiring nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ldewitt

Reaction score
So I have a 1994 k1500 5.7 and the wiring under the hood is a mess literaly a rolling fire hazard. There's wires run everywhere loose, cut wires, melted wires, etc. And this truck had 2 antennas on the roof seems like for different things and looks like someone had a sound system in it ripped it out left the wires then tried to rewire a new one in with all new wires so lots of wires to the battery that dont go to anything. When i pulled my interior there was so much wiring in the cab it was rediculous. The only electrical issues I seem to have is that my break lights and radio don't work. (Hopefully a ground for the lights already swapped the switch) basically I would like some photos of yalls engine bay to see how alot of these wires should be run to clean it up and make sure i dont remove anything that should actually be hooked up. Also any tips for getting the radio to work would be great. That pic ain't even half of what I pulled out literally had a random 20ft wire under the carpet not hooked to anything whoever had this truck must of been crazy about electrical

Attachments

• 20230709_170635.jpg
    20230709_170635.jpg
    324.7 KB · Views: 16

RichLo

E I E I O
Reaction score
Your lucky you only have a couple easy problems. Fix the tail lights first obviously.

Honestly, just take it 1 wire at a time and solder/heat shrink all of the mess until you've got it safe again. Your TBI engine is pretty simple as far as sensors go.