Help me diagnose a 700R4 problem? (BAD vibration).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
I have a VERY bad shudder at around 45mph. Apparently, this is when the TC is supposed to lock. I don't know when it started, or what might have caused it, but it was just kinda THERE one day a few months ago. When i tap the gas pedal a bit or let off a bit, the shudder stops. Someone suggested it was my tires, and i just replaced them with a brand-new set, and it fixed the vibration in the steering wheel, but the trans shudder is still there. It is a VERY bad vibration, and seems like it's coming from the trans, right under the seat. I read this:

"Torque converter shudder in 4th while lockup is engaged; problem goes away when the brake pedal is pressed slightly to unlock converter. Have a shop verify line pressure, and provided no valves in the TCC hydraulic circuit are worn, replace the torque converter. Also, Lubegard Shudder Fix will at least fix this for awhile. Or try a transmission flush by a shop that uses BG brand products."

But have no clue what it means, can someone help me out?

ChrisAU

War Damn Eagle
Reaction score
You have a miss, its an ignition problem. Whens the last time you did plugs, wires, cap, and rotor?

JonZ71

Right Meow
Reaction score
do a trans flush. it should clear it out. That's what i did. or you can do a couple of drain and fills if flushing isnt your cup o tea

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
You have a miss, its an ignition problem. Whens the last time you did plugs, wires, cap, and rotor?

A miss could cause this problem? Plugs and wires are new. Guess I should do cap and rotor.

do a trans flush. it should clear it out. That's what i did. or you can do a couple of drain and fills if flushing isnt your cup o tea

I've heard that trans flushes can clog up the valves and do more damage than anything.

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard that trans flushes can clog up the valves and do more damage than anything.

Only on a high mileage never before serviced Trans. Hadn't yours been rebuilt already?