HELP!! (Make me a list please) as I’m

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So I live in the Uk and finding this really difficult to get what o want in a kit.

woukd you guys mind helping me out with what I need to do 5/7 or 6/8 drop.
Every company I have emails do not offer a kit they tell me but when I ask different guys on Instagram what kit they have it’s Belltech or DJM.
I contact them and they can’t help

truck is a 1994 GMC SIERRA C1500, standard cab, long bed, v6, 2wd, auto.

please help out a new guy as I’m finding it very frustrating and just wanna her what I need ordered.

I plan on running stock 15’s wheels for now

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
I wouldn't recommend going lower than 5/8 on a static drop.
A 6" drop in the front is going to create a whole bunch of clearance probs with the upper inner fender wells. Bottom rear of the firewall too. Even with 15's.
Buy a 4/6. Cut 1/2 a coil. (1 coil cut = 2")
Add a drop shackle for the rear set at 2".
Make sure to check the pinion angle. You may need to add some shims.
There's some minor work involved in getting the P/angle right with the shims. Need to extend the centering bolt head along with a slightly longer bolt to allow for that head to reach through the shim into the spring perch.
GM lists 4 center bolt lengths. C1500's use the shortest. Buy the next longer one. Cheap from GM. Couple o'bucks or so.
Crank an appropriate nut to the bolt head with some red loctite. Round off the shoulders of the nut down to the bolt head's diameter.
Install into the spring pack.
Use a couple of C-clamps to hold the springs in place so that the hole stays aligned through the springs.
DO NOT re-use the U-bolts. They're torque-to-yield.

My '98 @ 4/7. Don't know if I'd want to go much lower.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
Reaction score
A 6" drop in the front is going to create a whole bunch of clearance probs with the upper inner fender wells. Bottom rear of the firewall too. Even with 15's.
There's some minor work involved in getting the P/angle right with the shims. Need to extend the centering bolt head along with a slightly longer bolt to allow for that head to reach throuigh the shim into the spring perch.
GM lists 4 center bolt lengths. C1500's use the shortest. Buy the next longer one. Cheap from GM. Couple o'bucks or so.
Crank an appropriate nut to the bolt head with some red loctite. Round off the shoulders of the nut down to the bolt head's diameter.
Use a couple of C-clamps to hold the springs in place so that the hole stays aligned through the springs.

Thank you so much buddy.
Thais is what I needed lol.

so I just need to modify and existing kit..

a guy I follow on the gram has a beltech 6/8 and the think is awesome.
So he has cut the beltech springs I guess.

Reaction score
There's some minor work involved in getting the P/angle right with the shims. Need to extend the centering bolt head along with a slightly longer bolt to allow for that head to reach throuigh the shim into the spring perch.

Clean truck to buddy

the 4/7 looks perfect tbh

Bone Shaker

Reaction score
So I live in the Uk and finding this really difficult to get what o want in a kit.

woukd you guys mind helping me out with what I need to do 5/7 or 6/8 drop.
Every company I have emails do not offer a kit they tell me but when I ask different guys on Instagram what kit they have it’s Belltech or DJM.
I contact them and they can’t help

truck is a 1994 GMC SIERRA C1500, standard cab, long bed, v6, 2wd, auto.

please help out a new guy as I’m finding it very frustrating and just wanna her what I need ordered.

I plan on running stock 15’s wheels for now

Just a little advice. I lowered mine bell tech 4/6. My stock 15 “wheels scrub the bottom a frames bad. (Will lock up the tires when turning very much). I have heard on this forem that you can shave a little off and help some. I switched to 18” after finished body work and paint. I do trust you will be replacing ball joints while you are in there. Good luck and shoot us some pics
Bone Shaker

Reaction score
Just a little advice. I lowered mine bell tech 4/6. My stock 15 “wheels scrub the bottom a frames bad. (Will lock up the tires when turning very much). I have heard on this forem that you can shave a little off and help some. I switched to 18” after finished body work and paint. I do trust you will be replacing ball joints while you are in there. Good luck and shoot us some pics
Bone Shaker

Thanks for the advice.,

i think I have made my mind and will go for this DJM kit and hopefully the stock wheels will clear..
Plus I will order the calmax shocks.

can anyone tell me if in there opinion I’m doing the right thing lol.

cant afford to get this wrong being over here in Uk .