HELP!!! In need of a decent source for an nv4500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
I`ve had my truck sitting in a friends drive way for a year now and it`s seriously cruddy not driving it. (*background* long story short- due to a burnt out coolant dummy light i popped my motor...... and what started as a mere engine swap turned out to be a 410hp 350 monster. it was fun for 3 months untill my dinky nv3500 threw in the towel) I can`t find a decent nv4500 to put into it. She`s a 4x4 and i want the 5spd. Auto is too boring and 3-4 spd manuals would make my 11.8mpg far worse. Any suggestions

willdabeast69

Mudd Slutt
Reaction score
check out ebay and the local craigslist near you if you haven't done that already. your better off finding a nv4500 out of a junk yard and rebuilding it imo

woody80z28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I found mine on craigslist and got a good deal.

Just a warning: you can't speed shift these things. It's been a little weird for me getting used to the lazy shifts. I bang the gears quick in the cars, but not the truck.

Reaction score
I used kijiji and crags list here..... nothin but dodge and Im not looking to convrt. smart parts looked decent around 12-1300 for one rebuilt with 5th gear fix. 975$ with a core but i have no 4500 core only the flimsy 3500. but i called and it gave me some weird # saying you must be 18 and cost 3$ per min. *Scam-dar went off*

Reaction score
I found mine on craigslist and got a good deal.

Just a warning: you can't speed shift these things. It's been a little weird for me getting used to the lazy shifts. I bang the gears quick in the cars, but not the truck.

I never planned on speed mashin anyway just need the strength. Side note the old nv3500 used to spin in 3rd...... hahaha I miss this truck. 2.3L ranger just isn't doin it for me....

Reaction score
I've been working solid for what seems to be forever. I am proud to say however, that 4-5 months ago I managed to finally get my NV4500. It was only $500! Mind you I drove from just north of Toronto Canada to Donaldson PA. Hahaha Luckily I took my little (untill I get my gm back on the road) Ranger and the whole trip cost me maybe $700, including the trans! Can't wait to throw it in. Maybe I'll post the swap.