Hello from North Dakota

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kbach

Reaction score
Just purchased a sweet Black 91 Chevy C1500 Silverado 5/7" static dropped, Strange coil over rear, sitting on 22"s. Where can you find build info on original manufacture installed equipment, like rear end size & gear ratio? Has the famous limited slip now & not liking the wienie will passenger side spin & go no where? Where can I find info on my VIN #?

Dr.Zoom

Hi Tech Redneck
Reaction score
In your glove box, you can find the RPO codes for all the options your truck was built with. I took a picture of the codes and punched them into an online decoder and copied and pasted into my own text document. I realized after entering a few one at a time that I could put several codes in at a time.

They're charging these days to punch in your VIN to get the options.

Pics???

Kbach

Reaction score
Thanks Dr. it has 3.42 rear end & 700 R 4, now where to get a Posi for that rear end! What should I look for? Don't want to go too low, possibly stay the same? Or 3.55's where would you find a posi unit for it?

Kbach

Reaction score
My 91 C1500 1/2 Short 2 wheel drive with a 5"/7" static drop with some sweet 22's. In need some wheels & tires that would get around during winter months . . . Any suggestions?