Heavy Duty Bumper Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
bumper looks awesome how did you do your receiver hitch is your bumper above it or is it just a receiver welded to the bumper? i just put my bumper on today and ive gotta figure out how to keep my receiver cuase my bumper hangs down too far may have to modify the hitch i guess

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
bumper looks awesome how did you do your receiver hitch is your bumper above it or is it just a receiver welded to the bumper? i just put my bumper on today and ive gotta figure out how to keep my receiver cause my bumper hangs down too far may have to modify the hitch i guess

its just the stock hitch, the bumper sits on top of the receiver hitch, but it is not attached to it

bow61509

GMT400 Thug Life!!
Reaction score
Gotcha I guess that's the good thing about building your own bumper you can make it fit perfectly

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made and welded on the end caps, and did a lil grinding, i threw it back on the truck for the hell of it again, gunna take it off one more time for final grinding and paint, then be done

borahshadow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i made and welded on the end caps, and did a lil grinding, i threw it back on the truck for the hell of it again, gunna take it off one more time for final grinding and paint, then be done
It looks great I can't wait to see pictures of it after final grinding and paint.
Are you just going to keep your old bumper around? or what are you planning on doing with it?

Minimeh93

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It looks great I can't wait to see pictures of it after final grinding and paint.
Are you just going to keep your old bumper around? or what are you planning on doing with it?

ill keep it around, im thinking of painting it black just in case i want to swap back to the stock bumper. I plan on welding the trim holes on the front bumper in and bed lining it this spring/summer

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
are you painting or bedlining your back bumper? also i see you have your rockers bedlined, did you just use herculiner? hows it holding up?