Heater (rear) isolation valves.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Probably was me. I posted about it several years ago when I installed the valves. They are not fresh water supply or any sort of household plumbing valve, and I would not recommend using such due to questionable compatibility with the coolant chemistry, ambient and coolant temperatures, and the vibration associated with a mobile installation. The valve pictures has been problem free for several years, and I have seen them used in heavy equipment installations for much longer than that with no issues.

It was you. I remember now the reference to 'heavy equipment installations'.
Thanks, this is a brilliant idea that I doubt I'd have thought of.

Only one valve is required to stop coolant flow through the circuit, but two are necessary if you want to be able to shut the heater circuit off completely in the event of a failure.

Second option for me!

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
When I had a heater core let go, I was out of town and stopped at NAPA and bought a plastic fitting with a 5/8" nipple on one side and a 3/4" nipple on the other. That allowed me to cut my supply and return hoses and directly connect them entirely bypassing the heater circuit.

Pinger

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Are the fat hoses (before the tees) definitely 3/4'' ID?

(Been looking for valves online available in the UK - confirmation of the size I need would help!)