Thermostatic valves for the TBI Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Striker1423

Reaction score
Alright so an update. Using a laser thermometer I was able to read a base number of 140F and after a minute of 1500rpm a max of say 270F.

The engineer at the company directed me to another source based out of Tennessee who sells actuators that look exactly like the original in the air duct. I just sent them an email asking about it.

If true I’ll see what they cost individually and in bulk. But it’s looking good so far!

Mindtriped

Reaction score
Mine was stuck half way as well.
You must be registered for see images attach
I cut mine off and bolted a plate over the hole.

Attachments

• IMG_1623.jpeg
    IMG_1623.jpeg
    298.1 KB · Views: 3

Yardawg

Reaction score
The 3/4 and 1 ton trucks don’t have that flap. Why would that be?
My 94- 3/4 ton truck has it but I removed the hose and flipped the air cleaner lid a long time ago. I live in southern NM though, not real cold and hot dry summers

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
A couple summers ago I was making a dump run and an OPP going the other way pulled a u-turn and came flying up behind the line of traffic I was in and when we all pulled to the shoulder, he came right up behind me and got out. He didn't even ask for my ID, he just started going over my truck. He was under the hood checking everything, on the ground looking under it, checking the lights, etc. My truck is completely like it came out of the factory and in fantastic condition for it's age, and after about 20 minutes, his hand were greasy and his clothes were dirty from being on the ground and I could tell he was pissed at not finding anything. Probably didn't help that I was chirping at him the whole time "There, I told you, stock!"

He wouldn't have needed 20 minutes under my truck.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
He wouldn't have needed 20 minutes under my truck.
Well my headers have CARB EO numbers on both and he would never be able to see the intake manifold on my Express. Both the G-van and Express van have functional OBD2 catalytic converters compatible with federal emissions requirements. The 383 completely hides itself as a L31 350 in my 97.