Headlights and spoiler

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've also heard good things about TYC lights if you're going for the stock diffused style lens but don't want to pay OEM prices. GM does still make factory headlight assemblies for these trucks but last time I looked they were around $150 per side.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've also heard good things about TYC lights if you're going for the stock diffused style lens but don't want to pay OEM prices. GM does still make factory headlight assemblies for these trucks but last time I looked they were around $150 per side.
$150 per side is just insane. I can't justify it. Thanks for the info.

thegawd

I'm Done!
Reaction score
I second the spyder glass lenses but they do have a couple flaws. they will leak eventually so I siliconed them. 1 of the bulbs wasnt tight so I put a larger O ring on it. I also put antisieze on all the threads so hopefully I can adjust them in 20 years. I think I also dissassambled them with the quick release screws that are supposed to let you remove the lense without removing the front facia. I then put a couple rubber washers somewhere in here to stop a slight rattle.

I v had 1 set for 6 or 7 years and the other for about 5. I will buy them again.

they are oem style, just made of glass.

Al

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
just be very careful if you go with some cheap aftermarket units. I learned the hard way as soon as I attempted to adjust them and the plastic gears stripped. Ended up purchasing oem lights from GM.
I had that happen to me with some clear Spec-D Tuning headlights with the glare cap on them. $60 in the trash, I was pretty pissed. Lesson learned: always check to see if the adjusters work before siliconing the edges. If I hadn't of siliconed the edges, I could've sent them back.

drewcrew

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What I called a spoiler is also called a valance or an air dam. I thought I should clear that up. A company named LKQ carries them and they show 2 of them for our trucks. One is $13 and the other is $24. I have bought from them before and the quality is really pretty good. I forgot all about them till yesterday.