Headers for 1989 swb silverado 350 2wd

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoyBob

Reaction score
OK what a freekin Nightmare 1989 silverado swb 2wd 350 What freekin headers will work Headmans will not work they hit the upper control arm mounting on the Pass Side Long tube Part Number

Hedman Street Headers 69440 they work on drivers side.. I will be running

Edelbrock Performer RPM Cylinder Heads 60999 they are angleplug heads I have spent A lot of time sending emails to summit and on the phone with sales I put in a large order and it just seams like they HAVE NO CLUE what they are doing I gave all the info on my truck I just need a set of headers that will not hit .... Long tube Mid tube i dont care But the headmans theyy sent will not work Can anyone help ????? UPDATE Sending the angle plug heads back They do not work well with most headers Unlees your drag racing Swapped for Part Number

Cylinder Heads 60739

Last edited:

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the Hedman headers on my '89 2wd 350. Weld the driver's side flange with the flattest side on top, then grind that flat side away so that there's only 1/8" left. Otherwise when you romp on it the engine torques up and the header hits your shift linkage, putting you in neutral. Ask me how I know.

I don't have any problem with the passenger header hitting the upper control arm.

RoyBob

Reaction score
But you didnot list the Part number ???? I bought from summit Headman Longtube Only the Drivers side would work The Pass would not go i removed the starter and the Trans dust shield still will not go My part number Hedman Street Headers 69440