Head gasket

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I replaced the intake manifold in my tbi Camaro once of you pull it up it will probably destroy the current gasket (mine did)... but i will say in my experience when an actual head gasket let's loose the vehicle smokes and overheats and your oil typically looks like a milkshake..... not saying it is or isn't a head gasket just sharing my experience with a blown head gasket...... also mine was on a 1976 Chevy carbed 350 (dads truck when I was a kid)

Sent from my static android
ok it sounds like the intake to me im not smoking or overheating and the dip stick has good oil on the bottom of it.

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
Prepare for trouble with any exhaust bolts and possibly broken bolts in the heads themselves

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
Prepare for trouble with any exhaust bolts and possibly broken bolts in the heads themselves

ive surprisingly never had troublw with exhaust bolts. soak them in penetrating oil a night or two before and they come out fairly easy. as for broken bolts my PO left them in the heads after trying to redo the engine. i went and rechecked every bolt in the thing after that.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
well I guess dads taking it to a shop. I still want to do it myself but he said he would pay for it so I guess its his decision to make. I dont think the guy knows what he's doing because every time I take something to him I end up there again shortly after as something else broke or he didnt fix it but hes cheap so dad likes him. Thanks for all the help anyways! Im sure I will be able to use the advice sometime.

hawkeyez71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a call from the guy we took it to and he told my he couldnt find anything wrong with it. He says he pressure tested it and didnt lose any coolant or see any bubbles in the coolant while it was running either. He told my to just drive it and see if I lose any more coolant. I think I am going to pull the valve covers off, clean them and wait and see if it comes back them fix it my self.

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score
Got a call from the guy we took it to and he told my he couldnt find anything wrong with it. He says he pressure tested it and didnt lose any coolant or see any bubbles in the coolant while it was running either. He told my to just drive it and see if I lose any more coolant. I think I am going to pull the valve covers off, clean them and wait and see if it comes back them fix it my self.

interesting... let us know how it works out.

and I'm no expert, but i don't think you would see bubbles anyways :think: